Brutal - Lopburi killer

Palatkik

15 hours ago, Coss said:

Well you know you can't fire anyone,  who has a half decent instagram photo.

I was listening to an interview yesterday that talked about some research (Harvard), that showed that what we've always said is true.

Young people who get all their cognitive thinking from phones and devices (read internet) are piss poor at discerning the truth of a matter and that they will believe almost anything, from the internet, as fact.

Coss it is actually much worse than that. Sitting on a plane from Lisbon recently a maybe 28 years old Portuguese lass from Lisbon sitting next to me asked  where I just came from and I answered Alcacer do Sal which is about 1 hour Lisbon and fairly famous for his historical background. Mademoiselle had never heard about it. This is like  a Bangkok guy had nerver heard about Kanchanaburi. The guy who does our garden came back from a holiday in Southern Germany and when I wanted know which bigger city was near to that place he did not know. Result of navigation equipment on his smartphone. Found his hotel but no idea where it was. I could go on. Which leads us to for example Russian organisations influencing the US election by spreading all kind of shite over the net. People read it and believe it, look at Cavanami´s bullshit news sources.

Sorry off topic but it had be vented. None of any timewaster kindergarden outfits like facebook, instagram and what have you more is part of the BuBi world. They can write what they want, doesn´t matter to me. If I want to know the truth I read Playboy or watch Thaisexygirl.com.

I know this is a killer's thread, but in reply to Bubi,  I had occasion to look at a reddit thread today and the folk posting in it, don't know anything, they can only pour out words as an expression of emotion; actual facts and truth and reality don't work.

Mind you, you could say that about old codgers like me stabbing away at the keyboards of desktop computers :)

One of my pastimes, when waiting to pick up MyLaoGirl, as I do, some days, is to watch young people and women (in large part, very few men) walk out of malls and shops, stand blinking in the light and stare at their phone. When the world doesn't change, they move a few metres to the left or right, to stand exactly on the blinking dot on the phone, as if that'll make the Uber driver appear out of thin air.

Also watching middle age women, wonder where their car is and then walk around the car park or street, until they find it.

13 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Investigators also found Mr Prasittichai had previously spent 300,000 baht on a BMW Z4, which was later seized in a crackdown on illegally imported cars and led him to be fined 600,000 baht.

I bet there are insta photos of his little car.