Lady Challenge

Coss

Has anyone ever succeeded in the following intellectually fraught challenge?

Situation: morning, bathroom sink, clean, wife/girlfriend/partner/lady,  uses shower and then, bathroom sink, littered with cast off hair, numbering 15~50.

Challenge, getting her to stop doing it, or clean up afterwards.

Anyone?

On 2/6/2020 at 7:37 AM, Coss said:

Doesn't work, just wants more spanking... :)

Okay, well that's not a bad start, provided you can keep up.

Next is to get more creative. Find a point of resistance and force the issue.

A little private/public humiliation often works. You just need to find the pressure points.

Done the right way you turn the negative (messy bathroom) into a positive (fun and games)

I bet you  (all of you) can't solve this one: after 5 different english courses (last one Academic English), working in a job that allows for speaking in English, Lao, Thai, Khmer and even a smattering of Chinese (dunno Mandarin or Cantonese), MLG has an addiction to Soapies from Thailand and "Insta" from Thailand.

And I mean addiction, her best friend is non-asian and they converse in English, but still, any spare moments, or hours, are glued to Thai Soapies like a teenager....

And of course, the sound track, to Thai soapies, is like Bugs Bunny and RoadRunner, drives me nuts... :)

No one in the known universe has the answer to this quandry, which is not uncommon. I suggest investing in SETI as the answer is surely out there and probably represents the best chance of finding a solution.

All addictions are dangerous, and suggest a lack of engagement elsewhere. Needs to be more busy.

So far as the cartoon sound effects are concerned my own research indicates that they are not obviously recognised by those engrossed in the stare-athon on screen, they become oblivious to them. I wonder if it possible to post process the audio and remove them, similar to the way in which voice is removed from music for karaoke, things.

17 hours ago, radioman said:

investing in SETI

Now there's an idea, an opportunity, like letters to Santa, we could convey people's questions, to the Aliens out there, for a price of course. With "please reply before 2025 earth years" or similar, to make sure any replies turned up before the questioner was dead..

Why should SETI be all about listening?

17 hours ago, radioman said:

I wonder if it possible to post process the audio and remove them, similar to the way in which voice is removed from music for karaoke, things.

I've been toying with getting some soundtracks from some cartoons and playing them discretely,  in disassociated moments, during the day or night, to see if the subject of my affections realises that there is a soundtrack to her life...

7 hours ago, Coss said:

Now there's an idea, an opportunity, like letters to Santa, we could convey people's questions, to the Aliens out there, for a price of course. With "please reply before 2025 earth years" or similar, to make sure any replies turned up before the questioner was dead..

Why should SETI be all about listening?

We are already doing a pretty good job of advertising our presence. In today's world most electronic devices are powered by switching supplies and other than expensive carefully filtered types most radiate a wide range of crap typically in the tens and hundreds of kilohertz. Together with harmonics the cumulative global effect of these is to cover much of the radio spectrum with a fog like a giant electronic fart and engulfing the planet. I don't doubt that the hyper life form on planet zedzed-tharg have already identified us as planet fart!

7 hours ago, Coss said:

I've been toying with getting some soundtracks from some cartoons and playing them discretely,  in disassociated moments, during the day or night, to see if the subject of my affections realises that there is a soundtrack to her life...

This seems eminently fun. Can think of a simple phone app with a menu of choices, just touch the button appropriate at any given moment. You could have pages for different situations. An eating set, a shopping set, a bathroom set and a bedroom set.

https://www.zapsplat.com/sound-effect-category/cartoon/