My Hare Krishna love

panadolsandwich

Hey Coss,

I've been thinking about what you said about language.  When I mimic people I'm playing around, sure, but I think it's more complex then that.  I think the reason that most can't do is rather prosaic.  You have to very carefully listen to someone if you plan to do it.  You have to stutter, slur words and get the wrong intonations precisely right.  Oh you also need to understand the language as well.  There's the timing which is crucial. You have to study their behaviour, something I'm sure you've noticed as well.  People are so boringly ritualistic.  They go about their lives quite mindlessly.  It shouldn't bother me, after all, it doesn't concern me, but for some reason it does. 

But most language is non-verbal really.  You might wake a cute customer assistant up behind her counter, and you'll know instantly whether she will sleep with you, depending on the reaction. 

You can read people like a book.  It really is that easy.  Most people want to talk about themselves.  They like a good listener.  Especially if the attention is from a young professional - a student of the language no less, a man of merit and from an upstanding family.  And if the rumour was that he was seen down Nana plaza carousing with all those unseemly women, well boys will be boys after all.