The Covid-19 thread

Coss

Lads n folks, if there ever was a petri dish, that you could throw in all the ingredients for social change and see what happens to your bacteria, (us humans being the bacteria) this is it.

Have a read, of this article on N Korea

North Korea claims it's had zero coronavirus cases - experts paint a different picture

and think to yourself, "are the conditions right for leadership change".

Then think about how quickly leaders around the world are reacting to the crisis. Impending job loss is what they are reacting to. I'm no history expert, but I wager, that when the populace are not being protected by their leaders, they get new ones.

NZ has12 confirmed cases as of this morning.

And now tourists who are arriving and refusing to "self isolate" are being arrested and will be deported, after a 14 day holiday in quarantine, 3 so far.

Hi,

Those location maps are useless. It just shows where the person was found (I assume), but not where they spent time in the previous week. They also can give a false sense of security if there are no *known* cases in a certain area.

At work the decision was made on Monday that everyone who can should work from home, at least for the next 2 weeks. Totally fine by me, as it saves me ~2hrs in travel time every day.

Sanuk!

15 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Til recently there have been hoards of Chinamen in Thailand, there MUST have been infected individuals between them. The virus is everywhere now to various degrees but why only 180 cases in Siam? Velly ssatrange.

Did you see the price of the test, >5k baht? It is the lack of testing in Thailand is the reason for the small number of confirmed cases.

Plus there is a big economic incentive not to get tested. Imagine a construction crew and one worker gets ill. Would he get a test knowing he could lose his job? Would the crew boss report a worker is ill knowing it could shut down his construction crew for 2 weeks? Would a hotel report a sick maid or clerk knowing it could shut down the hotel for 2 weeks?

13 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Bit quieter tonight in Pattaya, feels like there has been some kind of change in the last few hours

Noticed a few bars and restaurants didn’t open up today  

Prayut order the entertainment orders in Bangkok to close for two weeks, but he didn't say anything about Pattaya.