The Covid-19 thread

Coss

10 hours ago, Coss said:

I have no superior knowledge of the USA, my comment was an attempt to rark up Cav.

Ah, in that case wind away.  :stirthepo

Life goes on. A neighbour told me the local grocery is completely out of eggs. The government has even placed a temporary ban on the export of chicken eggs. If only we'd known, we could have made money investing in them. :dunno:

Traffic is actually drivable downtown right now. It used to take me nearly as long to drive downtown as it did to drive to Pattaya. Now it's no more than half an hour.

Quiet as can be in my area, with the restaurants and vendors closed down, plus school and universities and almost all businesses. 

I saw a woman selling meatballs on a stick on my soi yesterday. I hope the cops don't haul her in.

mask 4.jpg

10 hours ago, Coss said:

This Anutin twat, seems like he wants to be added to the list of reasons that Politicians should not be allowed to control a country. Maybe we are all ready for government of technocracy

Anutin Sorry For Threatening To ‘Whip’ Doctors Who Caught Virus ::

“As far as I have been briefed, no doctor has been infected while they are treating Covid-19 patients,” Anutin said when asked about measures to prevent infection among the medical professionals after news surfaced that some of them have caught the virus.

“This is why we have to whip them. We’re not happy with those medical personnel who do not take good care of themselves. They are supposed to be a role model.” [ unlike politicians who are supposed the be role models for the most execrable , nasty,  people on the planet ]

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2020/03/27/anutin-sorry-for-threatening-to-whip-doctors-who-caught-virus/

Anutin's family owns a major construction company. That is what qualifies him to be Health Minister. In Thailand one's qualifications have nothing to do with the post one is assigned to. That never changes, no matter who is in charge of the government. My Mrs used to be in the secondary education supervisory unit. She said they could almost never get anything done, because with every change of government the new minister would decide to do something completely different.

7 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Whatever their way of counting is, in Siam there still is a surprisingly low number of casualties and infected persons available. Although they have been much more exposed to the Chinamen-Virus than the Italians for example. Very very surprising.

No tests. No Problem! Oh, a patient died on the ventilator, obviously the cause is pneumonia. No need to test.

I think S. Korea has been best at handling the situation. Their main tool is extensive testing.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3905788

According to data from China’s central government, the capital of Hubei Province registered 50,006 coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, including 2,535 deaths in the two months leading up to March 26, CNA reported.

Yet recently, a local mortuary prepared 5,000 urns in just two days for the cremated remains of virus fatalities, according to Chinese media. On March 23, the government allowed the public to visit mortuaries to pick up the remains of their relatives, resulting in a line 200-meters long springing up at the Hankou Mortuary in Wuhan, reports said.

5 hours ago, bust said:

The reality is none of us know what the fuck is going on so comments and "quotes" are not worth a pinch of shit.

That is the truth. The other truth is that still a lot of folks think it will not hit them and go away somehow. In the meantime the Bubi Health Services strongly recommend: Test people and separate the positives, wash your hands  and stay away from others.

7 hours ago, bust said:

The reality is none of us know what the fuck is going on so comments and "quotes" are not worth a pinch of shit.

Yes, excepting, that most of us  know that the official guidance from reputable scientists is what we should be listening to.

And the utubery from every nutter with a camera is worthless. Further, the "insta"s from people who "I've had the virus look at me and I can tell you all about it" is also prevalent and should be ignored.

I was thinking of starting a Science only thread for this virus thing, but it occurred to me that people who are interested in and can understand, Science, will be able to read the material, unaided and that people who can't, won't.

So I'm going post links prefaced by a disclaimer. vis ::

I am not a scientist, I think that the following link is of interest to those with a scientific learning.

Also I have given the linked content, a preliminary scan, to try and detect the absence of keywords such as  "Trump, Obama, Truth, Facts etc"

8 strains of the coronavirus are circling the globe. Here's what clues they're giving scientists.

In general, Utube, Insta and Farcebook content will be excluded.