The Covid-19 thread

Coss

23 hours ago, Coss said:

Of note,

Boris is hospitalised, and statements are , "nothing to see here", "precautionary", etc etc ...

Trump has said he was tested three times, by my counting, 1st time "tested negative", 2nd time "had the Test" (no result reported), 3rd time "I was tested, I assume I don't have the virus, I can't pass it on to anyone..."

Boris Johnson admitted to intensive care in hospital

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12322971

The unintended consequences of the ignorant's, actions or lack thereof, are more of the ignorant, dying than is absolutely required, however some would say this is a good thing.

Certainly the concept that the world has too many humans and that nature will correct this situation, is getting a practise run at the moment.

Tensions between locals and overseas visitors are rising after backpackers were seen flouting social distancing measures.
Backpackers blatantly ignoring coronavirus self-distancing restrictions could be seen in a concerning video filmed by a man in Sydney.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2 Backpackers in Bondi, Sydney, seen ignoring social distancing measures amid coronavirus lockdown. (9News)
The group stands huddled together beside a city hostel, then wave and jeer at the man as he films.

Travellers have already been the target of warnings from NSW Health, who told doctors working at the Bondi popup coronavirus testing clinic to be wary of "infected backpackers" in the popular tourist hotspot in Sydney's eastern suburbs.
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2 Backpackers in Bondi, Sydney, seen ignoring social distancing measures amid coronavirus lockdown. (9News)
The clinic was set up to following multiple reports of people ignoring social distancing rules in previous weeks.
Yesterday Scott Morrison warned foreign travellers to go home, saying the window for opportunity to get on a flight out of the country was closing fast.
"For those backpackers in Australia who are nurses or doctors, or have other critical skills that can really help us during this crisis, then there will be opportunities for them," he said.

Personally I would lock the lot of them up and send them home. Complete twats.
The other thing pissing me off is perfectly healthy people with zero symptoms queuing up to get tested. Why can't people understand that simple bit of info.

15 hours ago, cavanami said:

Since you cannot grasp the data, try increasing your TDS meds...

He used 3 different drugs, so which one worked? All his patients were not having severe symptoms. Maybe a dose of Santip would have the same effect. Maybe they recovered inspite of being dosed with a drug cocktail.

Clinical trials are happening now with several different drugs.

1 hour ago, bust said:

The other thing pissing me off is perfectly healthy people with zero symptoms queuing up to get tested. Why can't people understand that simple bit of info.

S. Korea did extensive testing, including those with no apparent symptoms. People are infectious, before having symptoms and some never develop symptoms! Why can't people understand that simple bit of info? 

The jury is out, on people being infectious whilst being asymptomatic, whilst it is thought that this could be the case, it is yet to be established empirically. That's a fairly simple piece of information.

4 hours ago, bust said:

Personally I would lock the lot of them up and send them home. Complete twats.
The other thing pissing me off is perfectly healthy people with zero symptoms queuing up to get tested. Why can't people understand that simple bit of info?

Similar problems in Thailand with backpackers and "sex tourists".  Several groups of them have been arrested in Phuket and Pattaya.

Fortunately, KSR at the moment is almost shut down. Just a few restaurants open for take out orders.

'Followed through': Newsom praises Trump for response to Grand Princess coronavirus outbreak

California Gov. Gavin Newsom offered rare praise of President Trump's administration for the way it has responded to an outbreak of the COVID-19 virus on a cruise ship carrying hundreds.

The ship, dubbed the Grand Princess and carrying 3,500 people from 54 countries, docked in Oakland, California, this week after circling waters off the coast of the state for two days while health officials debated if it was safe to let the ship dock on American soil. Health officials screened 46 people aboard and found 21 who tested positive for the virus.

Newsom thanked the president for letting them and for providing the logistical support to deal with them safely.

"His administration ... has been consistent with the expectation that we repatriate these passengers," the Democratic governor said during a press conference, "and we do it in a way that does justice to the spirit that defines the best of our country and the state of California."

"He said, 'We're going to do the right thing, and you have my support,'" he continued. "He said everything that I could have hoped for. ... And every single thing he said, they followed through on."

Newsom's remarks were in contrast to his usual criticism of Trump. He recently called California the most "un-Trump" state in the country and said the president was " scared" of its voters.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/followed-through-newsom-praises-trump-for-response-to-grand-princess-coronavirus-outbreak