The Covid-19 thread

Coss

10 hours ago, zzzz said:

I read somewhere that social distancing is voluntary in Sweden. It’s a new social experiment for them, trying to go about their business as usual. As expected, Sweden has more COVID deaths than their neighbors but deaths are << 1% of the population, albeit in the thousands. The authorities do not believe it’s worth the draconian measures taken by most other countries because of the very small fraction of population becoming incapacitated by COVID,

Numbers in Sweden are increasing . 800 / day means  6400 / day Germany  at 10 against 80 million people. 6400 we had at peak time, now about 2000. This virus just keeps walking  and no miracles are happening. The next fortress to fall is Brazil with another President Idiot. Numbers are exploding now. Still cannot make up my mind about Siam with those low numbers. Even if they fake all stats there should be lots of dying people.

Checking Laos Cambodia Burma Vietnam : almost no cases. What miracle is happening there?

Was at the Ban Phaeo (80 Km SW of Bangkok) hospital and they had zero covid patients.

Where I live, Samut Sakhon (60 Km SW of Bangkok), zero corvid patients.

The numbers in Thailand seem believable. Current theory is that corvid doesn't like heat and humidity, which defines Thailand.

• Like 1

Cav,

I am with Bubi on this one. Not gonna bother replying to any of the conspiracy stuff either, and most definitely am not gonna waste time listening to some podcast.

Oh, and just in case you want to follow Trump's latest piece of 'medical advice' (injecting yourself with disinfectant - WTF is the guy thinking????), then please don't. The board has few enough members as it is and I'd rather not see you die :)

Sanuk!

• Thanks 1

Hi,

"Still cannot make up my mind about Siam with those low numbers. Even if they fake all stats there should be lots of dying people. "

Same here. I too was expecting that the figures might be under-reported, but I've not heard any rumors that things are worse than the government is saying.
Some of the things that might have helped spread the disease is that washing hands is quite common here already, as is wearing of masks; and of course people don't have physical contact much when meeting each other (wai-ing instead of shaking heads or kissing as is done in the West).
As Cav points out, the heat & humidity might also have an impact.

Sanuk!

There are special atomizers that are suitable for injecting doctor monitoring liquids in to your lungs.

For me, I always get a second opinion on medical issues thus what President Trump states is in no way a final opinion for me.

Errrr, my comment regarding alcohol, was a spoof...

Hi,

"For me, I always get a second opinion on medical issues thus what President Trump states is in no way a final opinion for me. "

That would imply that Trump's opinion would be a first opinion? :) He has zero credibility on this as he has no medical expertise and to suggest ways of treatment is utterly irresponsible and has already led to the death of at least 1 person.

"Errrr, my comment regarding alcohol, was a spoof..."

While I had expected that, in light of some of your other posts, it is sometimes difficult to tell 😋

Sanuk!

I would expect that President Trump is getting his medical information from one of his advisers. If his opinion was coming out first, then yes, he is the first opinion. Just the chronological order of things nothing to do with the weighting of any/all opinions.