The Covid-19 thread

Coss

20 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

If she has a license fine. But doctors disagree on things. The far left has doctors. The far left has most about 98 or 99 percent) of the scientists on their side for climate change but the right dismiss all of them and cling to the ones who have been bought off. 

The guests on there were talking some anti semitic things like "Khazarian bankers" and things like that which doesn't help their credibility. The gist seems to be trying to justify Trump touting that drug early on. 

The drug may be useful but its not a cure all. This is a new disease. The final determination of what it takes to cure it won't be known for months. This is not the movies where after 2 hours time lapsed you cure a new disease or virus. If we look at all the prior viruses that popped up, Nile, SARS, MERS, Ebola, HIV, Zika, were there ever any solution after a few weeks? No, many of them if not most , the disease just went back into hiding and can re-appear at any time. As many diseases do. There still isn't a cure for the 1918 spanish flu. 

The bottom line is Trump should not have touted something so early in the life cycle of the pandemic. Its the norm for him to do rash things like that and it could have or may have caused deaths in doing so when you have the president, who people are looking to for leadership say bonehead things...repeatedly.

And you have supporters trying to work backwards. It's not a cure. If it was we still wouldn't have the body count we had. It may help, but everything is all experimental right now. This is worse than 

Trump was reckless. End of story. And this time it had the potential for life or death ramifications. He doesn't think through much at all he speaks off the cuff. That is not always bad but he has a pattern of not thinking most things through. 

You avoid my questions...

Did she appear credible?

Did what she stated have the "ring of truth"?

She mentioned that ALL her patients she has treated have recovered!

Why make everything about Trump? really shows your bias...

3 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

" Thailand reported no new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday - the first time no cases have been reported since 9 March."

Gentlemen, this piece of  news should make the headlines all over the world but it doesn´t. Because nobody believes it? Mystery to me is this.

Thailand are handling this very well.  I don't particularly agree with the curfew.  I don't agree with people who scorn the Thai health system.  They do look after their own -  and I've often been treated for free - medicines included - although I suppose that is owing to my wife.  Still this is a country mile from the system in US, which I've decided I won't work for anymore - no matter how much money they offer me.  

Starting up a universal health system is fraught with difficulties in the US.  Young people quite rightly say why should I support these ageing boomers that have enjoyed free sex and drugs only to mature and entirely clamp down on it for the next generation?  The elderly say I'm not having this at all, I'm not paying for some young bastard - usually invoking racial connotations.  It's every man for themselves - I'm fine so you can go fuck yourself mentality.  

Except if everyone just chipped in you could have a system of health care that would look after the young and old.  Bearing in mind when you are young - you will be old in the future.  Well let the US reap what they've sown.  As you sow, so shall you reap.  Suck on that evangelists. 

On 5/12/2020 at 10:41 PM, cavanami said:

She mentioned that ALL her patients she has treated have recovered!

Well that alone makes me dubious of her work. We already no 94% of patients will recover with supportive care. Where is her double blind study?

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2766117

Question  Among patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), is there an association between use of hydroxychloroquine, with or without azithromycin, and in-hospital mortality?

Findings  In a retrospective cohort study of 1438 patients hospitalized in metropolitan New York, compared with treatment with neither drug, the adjusted hazard ratio for in-hospital mortality for treatment with hydroxychloroquine alone was 1.08, for azithromycin alone was 0.56, and for combined hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin was 1.35. None of these hazard ratios were statistically significant.

Meaning  Among patients hospitalized with COVID-19, treatment with hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, or both was not associated with significantly lower in-hospital mortality.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/05/study-finds-no-hydroxychloroquine-effect-death-severe-covid-19

Until her findings have been independently verified, its bullshit. She is the only one globally who has a 100 percent record? BS for now. It could be after its verified but for now that claim has to be placed in the bullshit folder. 1000s of hospitals and doctors are doing the same thing. And have not had the same results. 

...and one last thing. One doctor is found credible by the right and but 1000s of scientists with the best minds, highest credentials say there is climate change and we aren't to believe them. Arguing both sides. Credible if the person with credentials  aligns with my ideological view, not so if they don't. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chocolat steve said:

...and one last thing. One doctor is found credible by the right and but 1000s of scientists with the best minds, highest credentials say there is climate change and we aren't to believe them. Arguing both sides. Credible if the person with credentials  aligns with my ideological view, not so if they don't. 

It's quite obvious that you did not listen to the doctor so you comment out of ignorance, making your comment meaningless but that's the way your roll.

Doesn't fit your biased, ignorant narrative....listen to the doctor, see the parameters she followed to get the results she did...up to you, gain knowledge or stay ignorant....