The Covid-19 thread

Coss

The big cross your fingers moment is if the virus behaves like the Spanish Flu and brings along a second wave with a new strain. This may also means it goes dormant after that like the Spanish Flu. The other fear is it becomes an annual event like the typical flu. 

We haven't found a reliable vaccine for influenza for 1000s of years and although science and medicine is light years more advanced, I don't see a cure happening. Treatable? yes. Cure? I don't think so. I'd love to have a cure. I have elderly parents with diabetes and I'm no spring chicken myself and I'm sure I'm predisposed for diabetes and the last few checkups I had, my blood pressure was higher than usual. 

However, I don't think we  will see a cure. I pray I''m wrong. I'm basing it on history. History of the flu as well as humans interacting internationally greater than it has ever done. Finally, we have made it easier as a society with how to interact and deal with animals and nature. 

On 5/20/2020 at 9:00 PM, Coss said:

Captain Tom Moore ‘looking forward’ to being knighted by the Queen: ‘I hope she’s not very heavy-handed with the sword’

His donation page closed at midnight on Thursday at the end of his birthday, totalling £32,794,701 from more than 1.5m supporters. That's about Baht 1.3 billion.

13 hours ago, chocolat steve said:

The big cross your fingers moment is if the virus behaves like the Spanish Flu and brings along a second wave with a new strain. This may also means it goes dormant after that like the Spanish Flu. The other fear is it becomes an annual event like the typical flu. 

We haven't found a reliable vaccine for influenza for 1000s of years and although science and medicine is light years more advanced, I don't see a cure happening. Treatable? yes. Cure? I don't think so. I'd love to have a cure. I have elderly parents with diabetes and I'm no spring chicken myself and I'm sure I'm predisposed for diabetes and the last few checkups I had, my blood pressure was higher than usual. 

However, I don't think we  will see a cure. I pray I''m wrong. I'm basing it on history. History of the flu as well as humans interacting internationally greater than it has ever done. Finally, we have made it easier as a society with how to interact and deal with animals and nature. 

Buzz is....we will have covid-20 in September....

Truth is all we have are scientific models based on similar viruses. No one really knows. Viruses morph, go dormant, all kinds of things. The best guess though is there will be a second wave within a year and it will be a different strain. That is normal for pandemics from what I understand. Spanish flu being the best example. What happens after is anyone's guess. Perhaps we've reached relative herd immunity by then? 

My first reaction was, people don't go outside anymore.

Then I listened to the nice lady in the uTubery. Excellent information, not a rant in sight, or even on the horizon. 

I was just on a ventilator, so I should be able to tell you about the experience. But as it was, because I was under general anaesthesia, I don't remember - short story - went in for day surgery for gallstones, got out 5 days later, all OK now, tickety boo.

But I did take a close interest, in the days following the initial surgery, in the monitoring, they were doing, they were concerned about Blood Pressure & Oxygen Levels.

This is because, the body does not just bounce back, when things change, especially in 50+ folk, so the blood pressure was being monitored for the effects of general anaesthesia, the oxygen levels were because, I was not breathing as stridently as before, a nurse even gave me some advice, to do a few strong breaths every few minutes to get back to normal.

So it is my opinion, that yes the ventilator could be detrimental if recovery is expected.

---

Side note, I had, my first Hallucination for 40 years.  

One of the nurses was a really pretty little Asian girl, not out of place in a Chulalongkorn skirts photo. I saw her perhaps five times, wearing the smock and trousers that nurses here wear, not sexy, just hospital blue.

Then one day, as she came to the bed, I noticed a tattoo peeking above the neckline and then as she turned away, first on one arm and then the other, the edge, of what I thought was a full-body Yakuza tattoo, the one that ends, just before the cuffs, neckline &c of the clothes.

At first I thought this was real. I looked at her for about 30 seconds and when she wasn't bending to a task, the tattoo was not visible.

On thinking about it, I surmised :: she wasn't old enough to be a clapped out Yakuza woman, and certainly didn't have the bearing of a worldly gal. Even if she was Yakuza, what was she doing in a nursing role in NZ? Then I thought maybe she was a Cosplay fan in a Yakuza genre.

Hard for me to reconcile.

Then I remembered the two general anaesthetics. mmmm.

here y'go

Sexiest-uniform-in-the-world.jpg

unwroYq6xkSwG3KNLB4tE0W886ed-5hSTB58ixVZ