The Covid-19 thread

Coss

Yes of course you are correct, when you know all the parameters and can reproduce them, the climate modelling game has too many unknowns :)  

Like the lever at my desk, there y'go, hotter in the Northern hemisphere, colder in the Southern hemisphere, until I pull the lever back about September time :)

12 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

I am sure we (or they) are heading for a severe climate change but reality is that I personally do absolutely nothing to stop it.

Yes, I am like you, convinced that there is change.

What we could be witnessing, is the social and political, consequences and behaviour, of us all, when there finally has become, enough (social and political ) will, to move our energy sources, from oil to 'other' and the welcome 'Green" baggage that comes with that move.

My feeling is that the 'change' would happen any way, it could be warming or cooling and that the man made component is small , or in any case a small contribution.

Remember the '70's when the Ice Age was upon us. And the Midde Ages and ~ interesting stuff hang on, I move the climate discussion forward to here  predictions thread

Just watching some Covvid news, and this thought springs to mind:

It would seem that a complete lock down (i.e. NZ's lvl4 lockdown, and other countries ) is the only reasonable way to combat this Virus, it's spreading and mutating, faster than politicians can talk.

The logistics of shutting down all these countries who "don't wanna", are daunting.  

So two outcomes:

1/. lock down as much as possible, suffer economic consequences, suffer civil unrest, recover.

2/. keep as much open as possible, suffer economic consequences, suffer civil unrest, suffer mass deaths, learn how to make fires with sticks.

I can't see a middle ground.

Hydroxychloroquine use in NZ studies abandoned due to lack of evidence 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/122318977/coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine-use-in-nz-studies-abandoned-due-to-lack-of-evidence-and-covid19-cases

A New Zealand Covid-19 study looking at the efficacy of weekly prophylactic hydroxychloroquine regimes for high risk frontline healthcare workers has abandoned the use of the controversial drug.

Based on the lack of evidence around the effectiveness of the anti-malaria drug – which was controversially promoted by US President Donald Trumpand Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro – the study won’t move onto recruitment and trials.

The drug, which has been suggested as a possible Covid-19 treatment, is yet to be used in trials in New Zealand. It was to be included in three studies that received funding from the Health Research Council (HRC) and Ministry of Health in April.

“Given the rapidly emerging evidence on potential Covid-19 treatments from other international trials, all three trials have adapted significantly and have removed hydroxychloroquine as a candidate for treatment or prevention,” the council spokesperson said...

_____

Because, well, it was bull shit, that's why Trump promoted it.

The old saying, "How do you tell when a politician is lying? He's speaking."

Could be adapted to:

"How do you tell if something is not true? Donald Trump is promoting it."

He is a doctor in  the Houston, Texas area and has CURED over 350 cases of covid! Why is this not being broadcast! Why did the doctors that went to Washington, DC and spoke of how they are curing covid being broadcast?
....and Dr. Fail??? follow Dr. Fail and prepare to die!!!!

“I’m Not Going to Be Silenced!” – Houston Doctor Stella Immanuel Doubles Down – When Was the Last Time Fauci Saw a Patient?

Dr. Stella Immanuel M.D. from Houston is a courageous woman in an insane world.
Earlier this week Dr. Immanuel joined several other front line doctors in Washington DC at the “White Coat Summit” to announce the amazing success they were having treating coronavirus patients on the front line using hydroxychloroquine.

Dr. Stella Immanuel bravely came out on Monday and said that she has personally treated over 350 patients suffering from COVID-19 with Hydroxychloroquine, Zinc, and Zithromax and they have all recovered.

The doctor also disclosed that she put herself and her staff on Hydroxychloroquine as a preventative...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/not-going-silenced-houston-doctor-stella-immanuel-doubles-last-time-fauci-saw-patient-video/

demonize an effective treatment? hide the data and success of the treatment? hmmmm....nothing to see here, move on....can you say, conflict of interests???

Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows

July 02, 2020

DETROIT – Treatment with hydroxychloroquine cut the death rate significantly in sick patients hospitalized with COVID-19 – and without heart-related side-effects, according to a new study published by Henry Ford Health System...

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/hydro-treatment-study