The Covid-19 thread

Coss

I'm gonna relate from personal experience here vis China, well, close to...

I am, by marriage, related to several government figures, in a government that is more similar to the Chinese, in philosophy and system, than to the Western model. You may guess which government this is. I have had wide ranging discussions on a number of occasions with these people, pre pandemic.

My point :: The people in this government are the same kinds of people, in the same kinds of positions, doing the same kinds of things, for the same kinds of reasons, that we see in governments, everywhere.

The difference between, the Chinese and Western governments, in my view and in  regard to the Covid Pandemic, is one of public messaging.

Mostly the functionaries and the people, even most of the ones at the top of the power tree (excepting one recent orange loser) are trying to make this thing right.

I would think, that what you suggest Steve, would have helped control this pandemic mightily, and if the populous western leaders, had paused for a moment in their quests of self glorification, to examine the crisis with a clear mind, this pandemic may have been much more contained.

Lads, if we ignore the political circus in the USA and elsewhere - I think that infections and death rates are now going to overwhelm the health systems of countries who have not taken this virus seriously enough.

In the vernacular - it's getting real.

1 hour ago, zzzz said:

There is also a spike in Covid deaths here in USA that is not related to increased testing.  Is that too hard to understand? I agree that increase in testing can increase the number cases but not deaths.

Oh I understand, the post I made was a meme, for the idiots who don't understand, vis the IQ/Moron part. 

SO: to lead them in, they see the first part of the meme and they shout Yeah! fist pumping! in their MAGA hats.

Then they see the second part and wonder what it means...

24 minutes ago, Coss said:

Oh I understand, the post I made was a meme, for the idiots who don't understand, vis the IQ/Moron part. 

SO: to lead them in, they see the first part of the meme and they shout Yeah! fist pumping! in their MAGA hats.

Then they see the second part and wonder what it means...

55555 👍 I got you