The Covid-19 thread

Coss

On 12/11/2020 at 5:01 PM, My Penis is hungry said:

3,000 people, to put that into context, more than the total number of people killed in either 9/11 or the first day of D Day

Think of the historical significance of both events and what USA is doing today?

Yes - you are correct

The coronavirus will kill more people in the United States every day for the next 60 to 90 days than died on Sept. 11 or Pearl Harbor, CDC Director Robert Redfield said. Almost 3,000 Americans died on 9/11, and more than 2,400 were killed in Pearl Harbor. The U.S. – again – broke single-day COVID-19 records for reported deaths (3,110), cases (229,928), and hospitalizations (12,940), and is now averaging over 2,300 new coronavirus related deaths a day. (Washington Post / NBC News / ABC News)

I developed a fever and woke up in the morning with a very high fever of 104.9 degrees. At that point, that was a signal to me that I had probably gotten the active vaccine and not the placebo. And even though I felt pretty sick after that second dose, it was short-lived and those side effects were gone, really, by the end of that second day”

Last time I checked that is how a Vaccine Works, mild infection to the body so it builds up anti-bodies 

Covid Vaccine causes Fever of 104.9 Degrees for less than 24 hours would not make a scaremongering headline. 

When fever over 100 degrees for 72 hours do you seek medical advise.

my post {{On 12/11/2020 at 5:01 PM, My Penis is hungry said: 3,000 people, to put that into context, more than the total number of people killed in either 9/11 or the first day of D Day  Think of the historical significance of both events and what USA is doing today?    Yes - you are correct     The coronavirus will kill more people in the United States every day for the next 60 to 90 days than died on Sept. 11 or Pearl Harbor, CDC Director Robert Redfield said. Almost 3,000 Americans died on 9/11, and more than 2,400 were killed in Pearl Harbor. The U.S. – again – broke single-day COVID-19 records for reported deaths (3,110), cases (229,928), and hospitalizations (12,940), and is now averaging over 2,300 new coronavirus related deaths a day. (Washington Post / NBC News / ABC News)}}

just what CDC Director Robert Redfield said

but I'm curious, why misleading?

On 12/12/2020 at 11:47 PM, Mekong said:

I developed a fever and woke up in the morning with a very high fever of 104.9 degrees. At that point, that was a signal to me that I had probably gotten the active vaccine and not the placebo. And even though I felt pretty sick after that second dose, it was short-lived and those side effects were gone, really, by the end of that second day”

Last time I checked that is how a Vaccine Works, mild infection to the body so it builds up anti-bodies 

Covid Vaccine causes Fever of 104.9 Degrees for less than 24 hours would not make a scaremongering headline. 

When fever over 100 degrees for 72 hours do you seek medical advise.

The standard recommendation is "Call your physician at 103 F, go to the emergency room at 105 F."  Having been on the wrong side of 103 F a few times, I'm probably not going to wait to hit 105 F to go to ER (more precisely, to call for an ambulance ride to ER).  My recollection is that 105 F is considered life-threatening, all by itself.