The Covid-19 thread

Coss

On 1/21/2021 at 12:30 PM, baa99 said:

I looked at that paper and it doesn't mention medical errors at all! One point the paper makes is,

In general, health outcomes improve with time, but this novel viral infection and our early access to a large set of patients provided an opportunity to see rapid improvement.

The biggest flaw in your argument is that you are assuming the same death rate for COVID patients without hospital care. Remember that only very sick COVID patients will be admitted to hospital because of the limited supply of beds and medical personnel.

That flaw you mention is only in your mind [there is no need for insults! - KS].  This model is only about people with Covid who are inpatients. People without hospital care are outside the scope of this model. 

That paper was used only to get the mortality of Covid patients, so why are you concerned that it didn't mentioned medical errors???????  There are smarter people in the statistic forum  http://www.talkstats.com/threads/could-an-average-us-person-with-covid-more-likely-die-from-medical-error-than-from-covid.76525/

You guys let me down.  I gave you more credit.

Edited by khunsanuk

On 1/21/2021 at 10:19 AM, cavanami said:

FB_IMG_1611209769846.jpg

Once again, context is everything. 

First, its a bit rich that conservatives are against anyone making money. ALL recent presidents have made more money after leaving office. 

Second, the amounts were NOT made while in office. The figures are for the years AFTER the president left office. 

Third, what is corrupt about it? Give us specifics. Ex presidents, senators, etc, have always made money from speeches to any group willing to pay them for it. How is that corrupt? If the Texas Cattlemans annual convention wants to pay Bush 250k to be its keynote speaker, exactly how is that corrupt? If a company asks Obama to give its opening speech, how corrupt is that? if a publisher pays him and Michelle millions for a book deal on their life, how is that corrupt? 

Trump will make tons of money. This tweet is willfully lacking in context. I repeat NONE of these ex presidents made that money while in office. It implies that. Show me where Obama was paid over a hundred million dollars for anything while in office. He can't. There are laws against it. The emollient clause that TRUMP VIOLATED multiple times.