The Covid-19 thread

Coss

Just now, Mekong said:

OK Bubi,

Germany can have the Sinovac, you send Thailand all your Pfizer.   …   Oh, I thought not.

I am saying it is far better than nothing if you can´t get the best.

The BuBi laboratories are currently buzy developing a vaccine against messing up penalties. The instruction manual comes in English.

Thanks for your assistance Bubi the English team need it. I assume the vaccine is Ethyl Glycol based to stop the team from freezing. 

Why order Sinovac, the procurement process will take just as long as AZ, Pfizer, Moderna etc. It is not the vaccine manufacturers inability to deliver but the Thai authorities inability to place an order in a timely manner.

23 hours ago, Coss said:

A note on the possibility of getting a 3rd shot of the Pfizer vaccine.

The science ain't in,

22 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Talking to some colleagues in Hong Kong and Philippines, they have had 4 to 6 shots of various brands

Contrary reports below:

_____

WHO warns against mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines

GENEVA: The World Health Organization's chief scientist on Monday (Jul 12) advised against people mixing and matching COVID-19 vaccines from different manufacturers, calling it a "dangerous trend" since there was little data available about the health impact.

"It's a little bit of a dangerous trend here. We are in a data-free, evidence-free zone as far as mix and match," Soumya Swaminathan told an online briefing...

_____

Mixing Covid jabs has good immune response, study finds

A mix-and-match approach to Covid vaccines - using different brands for first and second doses - appears to give good protection against the pandemic virus, a UK study has found.

The Com-Cov trial looked at the efficacy of either two doses of Pfizer, two of AstraZeneca, or one of them followed by the other.  All combinations worked well, priming the immune system. This knowledge could offer flexibility for vaccine rollout, say experts...

_____

Coss defers to Bubi and asks " but wadda bout Sino-SomTam-AstraZ-Sino? "

12 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

People who insist on not being vaccinated should be paying for hospital treatment themselves  if they catch the Covid. Generally speaking, too many idiots everywhere.

11 hours ago, khunsanuk said:

People who insist on not being vaccinated should be paying ..... too many idiots everywhere.

Totally agree with this!

May I humbly add, I am still looking forward to future studies, of what political leanings and or IQ levels,  the 'dead from Covid' crowd in the USA and elsewhere, reveal.

Also Bubi thank you for your information and insight, KS too.

7 hours ago, Mekong said:

Why order Sinovac, the procurement process will take just as long as AZ, Pfizer, Moderna etc. It is not the vaccine manufacturers inability to deliver but the Thai authorities inability to place an order in a timely manner.

Quite right - and - 

I have just received a briefing from the glorious Lao People's Democratic Republic, Overseas Covert Finance Research division, who tells me through sleepy eyes, on account of not wanting to get up, as it's 6°C here today, that Laos has Sino vaccine and all of the other kinds too,  due to beneficence of Xi Jinping.

My thoughts on hearing this stunning news, is that Thailand is surrounded by countries, whose approach to this newfangled vaccination thing, may be even less effective that Thailand's. Providing the virus, plenty of trees to hide behind (thanks Bubi) on the porous borders.

10 hours ago, Coss said:

Quite right - and - 

I have just received a briefing from the glorious Lao People's Democratic Republic, Overseas Covert Finance Research division, who tells me through sleepy eyes, on account of not wanting to get up, as it's 6°C here today, that Laos has Sino vaccine and all of the other kinds too,  due to beneficence of Xi Jinping.

My thoughts on hearing this stunning news, is that Thailand is surrounded by countries, whose approach to this newfangled vaccination thing, may be even less effective that Thailand's. Providing the virus, plenty of trees to hide behind (thanks Bubi) on the porous borders.

The most lovely Pam, currently based at home in Vientiane, received 2 Sino-something several weeks ago and now thinks she is going to die from Covid any minute. Like with Astra-Zeneca many people now are afraid from touching Sino-something which is a big nonsense. Doing nothing means a much bigger risk than Sino.. or AZ.

On accessing the Nation web site today, I was greeted with the below splash page.

I know i'm tilting at windmills, if I expect any other course of action, from the money people, than them protecting their money.

All this marketing pfaff will do nothing.

One day they will realise, that the peasants they disdain, are the ones making the wealth, they proudly sit on.

Ergo dead peasants don't make wealth, then, nothing to sit on...

Dross.thumb.jpg.bb4f03fa18105be03bc84aa074170699.jpg

Hi,

“We’re all right Jack, Fuck the Peasants”

Unfortunately that seems to be the going mindset for the rich and powerful in this country :(

Also note that 100% of 'Other officials' have received a dose, a larger percentage than even medical personnel. Shows where their priorities are.

Sanuk!