The Covid-19 thread

Coss

4 minutes ago, Mekong said:

14 months is more than neigh time for a peer review to have been carried out and non was forthcoming. 
We can quite rightly say that the findings of this single study have not been verified

Bullshit!

How about the two doctors in Germany that we part of the study? One expert in D'dorf and the oter in F'furt.

You have been suckered but the azz clown media. The stus=dy has been more then proven to be accurate and correct.

Drill down and read the actual paper of the study...I did!!!

...or in France? read the entire paper and learn.

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment of COVID-19: results of an open-label non-randomized clinical trial

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine have been found to be efficient on SARS-CoV-2, and reported to be efficient in Chinese COV-19 patients. We evaluate the effect of hydroxychloroquine on respiratory viral loads.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7102549/

Mr Cavanami,

my soul is deeply hurt after having read your comment. Talking about my post like the majority of the Trump-followers you are obviously unable to read something and probably understand it. Congratulation that you managed to read the study, I am impressed. I would have thought it needs some uni background to absorb these confusing details but never mind.

I decided to read some of the comments instead. You meet some people questioning the content, others defend it. I was surprised to learn that the 2 Germans do not belong to an obscure sect promoting all sorts of internet-crap but both are respected scientists. We have to consider this which is why my comment was well balanced. Still the question remains why the treatment has not taken the world like a tornado but rather appears to have disappeared like a fart.  For Cav to avoid another misunderstading: I do not claim the treatment causes farting, it is only symbolic.

In case these pills do work I am ready to share my sources with the esteemed gentlemen: the roof of the local tennis club is covered by zinc-plates. I am ready to cut off some slices if I can help. Transport excluded.

8 hours ago, cavanami said:

Read and learn or not...up to you.

cover.thumb.jpg.b1423ae25494b15bbb9742e71e032b2f.jpg

This image you've posted, apart from being very shoddy in terms of graphic design, suggesting that some amateur did it, on on Photoshop or even MS Paint, is full of english/grammatical fartery...

Image: download it, open in Photoshop and look for the vertical two pixel gap, at left of the photo, that shows that photo was not placed, or cropped, correctly and thereto is likely the output of some amateur.

Also, one drug mentioned in the text but 5 different pills/capsules in the image?  

That's like having a picture, on a document that talks about beef, with an image of: chicken, fish, beef, pork and stupid.

English: Flash could probably put it in more concise terms than me, but:

One cover, two titles and two lists of authors?

Abbreviations are different, surely a Medical Doctor is  an MD or an M.D. but not both? Or is one of these the abbreviation for mad dickhead?

I yield to someone more skilled in English than I, on the question of the correct use of "and for Prophylaxis".

I would suggest that nothing is ever done "for Prophylaxis", but, "for Prophylactic prevention of infections of ..." perhaps.

This above is not an argument in semantics, merely some observations on, the use of bad imagery and English, being passed off as some sort of Medical or Scientific paper or document.

• 2 weeks later...