Jump to content
Coss

The Covid-19 thread

Recommended Posts

On 3/15/2020 at 3:26 PM, Stickman said:

It's a pile of shit, it really is. I reckon most borders will be closed soon and sooner or later, most countries will go in to lockdown i.e. people will be house-bound, only allowed out to get essentials and go to work. It seems that is the only way to stop this thing, short of a vaccine being found - but word is that would be at least 12 months away.

There are at least two antiviral drugs showing a lot of promise right now, one in Japan and one in the US.

The US drug is clinical trials for something else.  It is not approved for investigation for COVID-19, but a hospital in Seattle is trying it anyway, and reporting very, very good results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

> Army to disinfect Bangkok roads nightly

I can't imagine this having any real impact.

Sanuk!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, khunsanuk said:

Hi,

> Army to disinfect Bangkok roads nightly

I can't imagine this having any real impact.

Sanuk!

 

Maybe they murder a trillion cockroaches but the Corona virus is being spread by particles in the air after caughing or by smear-infection, touching a door handle for example. So unless they think that lots of Thais spend the night crawling through Bankgok on the roads this is a total nonsense.

I have been following the Thai Corona statistics for days now, what they publish must be far from reality. Considering the lack of precaution a desaster might be about to come. I have told the lovely Pam to pack and move to her homebase in Vientiane. Not that anything is better there but easier to separate from others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Maybe they murder a trillion cockroaches but the Corona virus is being spread by particles in the air after caughing or by smear-infection, touching a door handle for example. So unless they think that lots of Thais spend the night crawling through Bankgok on the roads this is a total nonsense.

I have been following the Thai Corona statistics for days now, what they publish must be far from reality. Considering the lack of precaution a desaster might be about to come. I have told the lovely Pam to pack and move to her homebase in Vientiane. Not that anything is better there but easier to separate from others.

Maybe a holiday for the lovely Pam to Germany?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Incredible the amount of “restaurants” that have sprung up in the last few hours

 

i swear they weren’t serving food 3 hours ago 

Go-go restaurants, a new Pattaya feature ... also go-go barber shops, groceries etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, cavanami said:

Maybe a holiday for the lovely Pam to Germany?

Thank you for your kind advice but this would be, errh , inconvenient. Creating confusion, kind of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, buffalo_bill said:

Thank you for your kind advice but this would be, errh , inconvenient. Creating confusion, kind of.

Understood....wink wink 555555555555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dutch Prime Minister Rutte went through a supermarket these days and was asked if he had enough toilet paper at home and said " Is available and in Holland we have enough to poop for the next 10 years" .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...