The Covid-19 thread

Coss

On 3/15/2020 at 3:26 PM, Stickman said:

It's a pile of shit, it really is. I reckon most borders will be closed soon and sooner or later, most countries will go in to lockdown i.e. people will be house-bound, only allowed out to get essentials and go to work. It seems that is the only way to stop this thing, short of a vaccine being found - but word is that would be at least 12 months away.

There are at least two antiviral drugs showing a lot of promise right now, one in Japan and one in the US.

The US drug is clinical trials for something else.  It is not approved for investigation for COVID-19, but a hospital in Seattle is trying it anyway, and reporting very, very good results.

4 hours ago, khunsanuk said:

Hi,

> Army to disinfect Bangkok roads nightly

I can't imagine this having any real impact.

Sanuk!

Maybe they murder a trillion cockroaches but the Corona virus is being spread by particles in the air after caughing or by smear-infection, touching a door handle for example. So unless they think that lots of Thais spend the night crawling through Bankgok on the roads this is a total nonsense.

I have been following the Thai Corona statistics for days now, what they publish must be far from reality. Considering the lack of precaution a desaster might be about to come. I have told the lovely Pam to pack and move to her homebase in Vientiane. Not that anything is better there but easier to separate from others.

2 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Maybe they murder a trillion cockroaches but the Corona virus is being spread by particles in the air after caughing or by smear-infection, touching a door handle for example. So unless they think that lots of Thais spend the night crawling through Bankgok on the roads this is a total nonsense.

I have been following the Thai Corona statistics for days now, what they publish must be far from reality. Considering the lack of precaution a desaster might be about to come. I have told the lovely Pam to pack and move to her homebase in Vientiane. Not that anything is better there but easier to separate from others.

Maybe a holiday for the lovely Pam to Germany?