The Covid-19 thread

Coss

They must read Thai360  reported at 12:21 PM today

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, with support from the military and Metropolitian Police Bureau, is setting up six checkpoints on outbound roads to prevent workers the leaving the capital for their home provinces, BMA permanent secretary Silapasuay Raweesangsoon said on Monday.

and also from the article

The six checkpoints will start operating at 4pm on Monday, the city clerk said.

You have 3.5 hours warning to escape haha, keystone cops.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2139787/checkpoints-set-up-to-prevent-workers-returning-home.   

I noticed that, like roadblock 3 on Bang Na - Trat, what about the elevated road, Sukhumvit Road, Bkk-Chonburi Motorway 

Checkpoint 6 makes sense only major route to the South, Checkpoint 1 for North and North East, but most people have smart phones and Google maps now so will find a way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cavanami said:

Going to Khon Kaen from the BKK area a few weeks ago, there was one check point...coming back on Sunday, no check points.

The road blocks stated 4PM Monday 28 June what does a few weeks ago or last Sunday have to do with it?

The roadblocks are to stop people leaving Bangkok not coming in 

In fact, all your post told us was that you travelled to Khon Kaen when requested not to travel interprovincial, and it is people like you who force the government  into lockdowns and roadblocks/checkpoints.

Due to my fondness for Archery and also for DCS World Flight SIM, I post on boards that deal with these hobbies. All of them have similar Covid themed threads.

The below is what I am posting in them :

"Got my 1st jab two weeks ago (underlying health issues), no problems, except that now there are two-headed babies, popping up in the lawn every morning, they evaporate by the time I get down to them, so I'm not too worried.

Also when I go to the shopping mall, everyone's cellphone within about 10 metres of me, stops working. So it's quite a distraction, as I walk through, all the people close to me, are holding up their phones to the sky, to try and get reception, at first I thought, they were giving me adulation, now I just scurry along and do my shopping.

Also, why are all the cars purple now? Is this some new rule I've not been told about?"

• Haha 1

‘Bringing back mask mandate is a good idea’: doctor on Delta variant

The World Health Organization’s decision to encourage those who are fully vaccinated to wear masks as a result of the highly transmissible Delta variant is "a good idea," according to University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix’s Dr. Shad Marvasti.

“We don’t want to wait until after the fact and get caught with this thing already ahead of us when we know that masks work,” Marvasti told Yahoo Finance Live. “To put this in context, the Alpha variant, which originated out of the UK, was about 50% more infectious and transmissible. The Delta variant is 60% more infectious than that.”...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/bringing-back-mask-mandate-is-a-good-idea-doctor-on-delta-variant-135926196.html

Reading my morning newspaper I came about this:

Australia obviously succeeded in keeping the infection rate very low following drastic measures. Further I read that  just about 5 % of the population received a vaccination so far. So I thought WTF do these people think where they are living? Lock up Australia for ever to keep the virus out???? The day in future they open the borders that virus will have days of pure joy hitting all the unprotected individuals.

Says  the hairless oracle-monk  and prospects are bad.  He ain´t wanking or what do you think?

Das Nechung-Orakel beim sogenannten Kalachakra Empowerment durch den Dalai Lama 2012 (Office of His Holiness the Dalai Lama)

9 hours ago, Mekong said:

Racism blatant racism, why is it Mentioned that Alpha Variant originated out of UK but not that Delta Variant originated out of India.

Because of Brexit. India considered as British territory once control has been fully brought back under Viceroy Paul I (Gascoigne), here walking ashore near Bombay naval base. Red bellybag contains nomination docs.

Footie hero Gazza takes a dip on Italy's I'm A Celeb

• Haha 1