The Covid-19 thread

Coss

9 hours ago, Flashermac said:

Under the state of emergency which went into effect around Thailand last night, the military has set up 357 checkpoints to monitor interprovincial travel in an additional measure to fight the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus.

The checkpoints are manned by soldiers, police and civil servants, checking travellers for symptoms of the virus and behaviour leading to the risk of transmission, according to the statement.

It is sadness that befalls me because I very much like the Thai people as a whole. Infected individuals show no symptoms for a long time and could transfer the virus. The virtually only way to interfere is mass-testing and separate the positive folks. Nuff said.

Bubi, we are in a minority, that is, being folk who understand things about this virus.

The wide spread ignorance and idiocy that large numbers of people around the world are exhibiting, is unfortunate, in terms of numbers of deaths that will occur,  though if anyone, is as a group, going to improve the gene pool by leaving it, it's the ignorant.

...and then you have this, an organization that is supposed to know about world health but they ignore warnings???

WHO ignored Taiwan's warnings about coronavirus in December

World Health Organization ignored Taiwan's warnings about human-to-human transmission of coronavirus on Dec. 31

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — Taiwan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) on Tuesday (March 24) confirmed that it had warned the World Health Organization (WHO) about the human-to-human transmission of the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) in December of last year.

Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs Spokeswoman Hua Chunying (華春瑩) posted a tweet on Saturday (March 21) claiming that the Wuhan Municipal Health Commission had issued a notice about the COVID-19 outbreak on Dec. 31. However, in reality, the notice stated it "had not found any obvious human-to-human transmission."...

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3904054?fbclid=IwAR1RhIthchyaiJG395h4cUTlJ95nH_QuBwL9v4vHMHobmdCudVLMM68xzLg

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Coss said:

Bubi, we are in a minority, that is, being folk who understand things about this virus.

The wide spread ignorance and idiocy that large numbers of people around the world are exhibiting, is unfortunate, in terms of numbers of deaths that will occur,  though if anyone, is as a group, going to improve the gene pool by leaving it, it's the ignorant.

I've actually had one friend post on Face Book that the virus wouldn't even be happening if it weren't for Trump. Yep, damn that Trump! Everything bad that happens anywhere in the world is Trump's fault. If Hillary had been elected, we would all be living in the Garden of Eden again.   :hippie:

On 3/26/2020 at 1:59 AM, Coss said:

In yank land there'd be red necks with guns outside threatening them and wanting food at the same time.

I bow to your superior knowledge of the USA. My family has only been living there since the early 17th century (except for a few later immigrants and a Native American or two back in the 1600s).

BTW ... Red Neck  derives from coal mine strikes long ago, when the striking miners wore red scarves and the "scabs" did not. So your evil red necks were in fact proletarian workers struggling against the wealthy mine owners. End of history lesson.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/25474784?seq=1

48 minutes ago, cavanami said:

???? Are you off your meds again??? 

WTF are you going on about???? 

This here:

" The "news" media and Dems are stoking panic! Don't be dumbed down and sucked in! "

published by poster Cavanami on March 13th in the USA thread. Who seems to suffer from Alzheimer.