The Covid-19 thread

Coss

Have any of you dramatically changed your diet, lifestyle with respect to the Covid19 pandemic? 

I am wearing a mask at all times outside the room. And am incorporating gloves more and more. I also wash all the time. Thoroughly. 

I was already trying to eat healthy but I've pretty much cut out breads and sugars. Not totally, but for the most part. 

I'm doing more cardio or something that makes me breathe hard daily. I am 'stuck' in Dubai (worse places to be stuck) and on the 6th floor of my hotel and at least once a day I walk down to the basement and walk the stairs up to my floor. Not as easy at my age but it makes me breathe hard. 

I've been taking zinc, vitamin D, zinc, DHEA and arginine supplements daily. I also have been boiling ginger root, mint leaves, lemon and various teas (green, moringa, tumeric, etc) and drinking that instead of just plain water. Now I add a beet powder and green powder supplement to it. 

I have another powder mixture I drink as a tea as well, it has cinnamon, and an assortment of things like dandelion, etc. too many to name. 

This shit has me scared. I don't know how my body will respond if exposed and want to be in the best shape possible. 

My guess and its an easy assumption to make is that a large percentage of people over 40 will be changing their dietary regimen as well as their lifestyles. 

I can also see when/if this dies down and there is some level of normalcy that people will stock pile masks, etc. for the next time. There is going to be a lot of stored can foods, etc. Lastly, I'm going to get a check up and see if I have any level of diabetes since both my parents have it and I must be predisposed to it and other things like hypertension as well. 

Cupla observations - From a disinterested Kiwi, on Reagan, all I'd ever heard of him was that he liked to watch re runs of Get Smart, in the afternoons before his nap.

Re : changing life style/diet. Apart from a large glass of Whicky, as all elective surgery has been put on  hold, I'm not eating much due to daily Gall Bladder/Stone pain, so no fats and one small meal a day, 4 Kilograms lost. I've been wondering where I'll find them.

Fortunately I'm stuck in NZ and I have to take MLG to work each day and pick her up, so I get out and about.

I see all the Lycrans (also Spandies: for Spandex), the virus immune folk, suddenly training for the Olympics.

"Lastly, I'm going to get a check up and see if I have any level of diabetes since both my parents have it and I must be predisposed to it and other things like hypertension as well."

CS,

I have high praise for the Keto diet. Big part of Keto is to cut out all sugar and reduce carbs, Don't eat anything after 3pm, one meal a day is good. You can form a Keto diet around your life style and needs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cavanami said:

"Lastly, I'm going to get a check up and see if I have any level of diabetes since both my parents have it and I must be predisposed to it and other things like hypertension as well."

CS,

I have high praise for the Keto diet. Big part of Keto is to cut out all sugar and reduce carbs, Don't eat anything after 3pm, one meal a day is good. You can form a Keto diet around your life style and needs.

I'm on a semi-keto diet. Cut out bread, rice, pasta etc. I don't eat nearly as much, but I'm not hungry. I've lost over a dozen pounds, but I won't be happy until I at least double that loss.  I'm trying to get back to my Army weight. Lots of luck with that, since the Army used to run if off of us and my running days are over.  The days when I could do 10 to 15 mile mine sweeps each morning are long past. :(

5 hours ago, cavanami said:

CS,

Great diet. I'm addicted to sugar. Sadly. I'm much better than I have been but I need to get the balls and will to cut it all out.