Closing hours in Pattaya in December

Hardy641

For quite some time I heard rumors from many sides, girls and expats, that the strict closing policy will be suspend during high season starting in December. According to the rumors, the bars and Discos will open until 4am at least.

Well now we have December... did anything changed about the social crusade or is Pattaya still closing 2am sharp?

Any first hand update appreciated.

I was out last night in pattaya, but only until midnight. I asked one girl about this - I hadn't really been out late in pattaya for weeks. Appearantly nothing has changed. I pointed at Marine Disco and asked her about it. Closed at 2:00. I assume all the big night spots are this way.

One thing though is that it is not so 'sharp' in Pattaya as it is in Bangkok. I've been at Excite a few times at 2am and they stopped serving drinks, but had the music going another 20 minutes. Over half of the beer bars remain open too, though they have to shut off their music and durn off most of the lights. Some bars even have their music going low. This had not changed as of yesterday. A few months ago I ordered a drink at about 3am, amd there was a pattaya cop chatting with one of the girls right there.

quote:

Originally posted by Hardy641:

For quite some time I heard rumors from many sides, girls and expats, that the strict closing policy will be suspend during high season starting in December. According to the rumors, the bars and Discos will open until 4am at least.

Well now we have December... did anything changed about the social crusade or is Pattaya still closing 2am sharp?

Any first hand update appreciated.

Archived