Thai Immigration / Corona virus

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

with greatest pain possible I have today cancelled my forthcoming trip for the following reasons: Etihad let me know I had to wait 5 hours in Abu Dhabi from 03:00 in the morning for my connecting flight to Frankfurt. Oh no.  Second, the Thai people will incarcerate into quarantine any living subject that arrives in Siam and seems to be Covid positive . Which includes the possibility having been seated next to an infected person on the plane and though not positive still being a risk and facing same consequences. Pam´s heart broken already but there are limits.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, buffalo_bill said:

Gentlemen ,

with greatest pain possible I have today cancelled my forthcoming trip for the following reasons: Etihad let me know I had to wait 5 hours in Abu Dhabi from 03:00 in the morning for my connecting flight to Frankfurt. Oh no.  Second, the Thai people will incarcerate into quarantine any living subject that arrives in Siam and seems to be Covid positive . Which includes the possibility having been seated next to an infected person on the plane and though not positive still being a risk and facing same consequences. Pam´s heart broken already but there are limits.

It must be disappointing to have cancelled but it's probably the best thing to do. Unless one has really pressing reasons or urgent need to travel, I think now is a good time to stay home. With a bit of luck Omicron will mark the end of the pandemic and once restrictions have eased and all of the testing and quarantine is behind us, travel will be much more palatable.

4 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Gentlemen ,

You are not missing much TBH

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mekong said:

You are not missing much TBH

This evaluation, dear Sir, I do not support. Not at all. Could say more but don´t.

I have been following a German travel forum where many people with family or friends in Thailand discuss all aspects of getting into the country. One idea is to strenghthen tourism for obvious reasons and on the other hand falangs as usual are the ambassadors of anything that is evil. Pay for the holidays but stay home would be the ideal solution. Since I decided not to travel I feel somewhat relaxed, ticket prices for example April are on the way down already. We have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, buffalo_bill said:

This evaluation, dear Sir, I do not support. Not at all. Could say more but don´t.

Well obviously living in Germany you have a much better idea of day to day life in Thailand than I. Living in Bangkok

My comment “You ain’t missing much TBH” was not aimed at travel and immigration to the country but actual day to day life in Thailand, you know the place where you said that you had cancelled your trip to.

But of course I forgot how advances German travel forums actually are and could give you an genuine Bangkok experiences. 

Sir, I hope that one day in the distant future you might be able to develop a sense for irony , how to spend life in good mood and probably read a post twice before you decide it´s all shit. The way you seem to handle life will bring you nothing but gastric ulcer. Maybe you join a Thai-dance club to relax.

If people can't do 7 days in a Hotel they are not really bothered about getting back here. If you test positive after arrival you can quarantine at home if no symptoms, it's hardly penal servitude is it. I booked biz class coming back thinking less coughs and sneezes about.