Has China won?

Steve

Won what ? Did not watch the clip.

China is successfully assembling hate all over the World. All the German car manufacturers have increasing problems to find people willing to move there. Africa finds out all their investments establish financial slavery and are the opposite of pure love. And so forth. Who trusts them still?

While the US appear to present itself as a giant comedy.

CS: you might get  Cav's attention with  uTube, but for me, three blokes trying to convey the impression that they know something, is time I won't get back.

Bubi:

My Antipodean, Oceanic view is that, yes China is only in anything, for China's advantage, and yet Kiwis like it, when they buy our exports.

The USA however, also .

• China: US$11 billion (28.8% of New Zealand's total exports)
  • Australia: $5.2 billion (13.6%)
  • United States: $3.6 billion (9.4%)
  • Japan: $2.3 billion (6%)
  • South Korea: $1.1 billion (2.9%)
  • United Kingdom: $953.1 million (2.5%)

Which makes a change, from when I was a child and NZ was merely a vassal sheep farm, for Liz.

8 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Won what ? Did not watch the clip.

China is successfully assembling hate all over the World. All the German car manufacturers have increasing problems to find people willing to move there. Africa finds out all their investments establish financial slavery and are the opposite of pure love. And so forth. Who trusts them still?

While the US appear to present itself as a giant comedy.

China started screwing Volkswagen, in China, 20 years ago. VW had a sweetheart arrangement with China in that all the taxi in China were VWs. China didn't allow other car makers to produce a similar vehicle so as to compete with VW....until China allowed Korea to compete with VW.

Same story with other German manufacturers that opened factories in China, like Borsch, etc.

5 hours ago, cavanami said:

China started screwing Volkswagen, in China, 20 years ago.

Sir, VW has made a huge fortune building and selling cars in China. Still their biggest share of profits comes from there. Other makers achieved only minor results , does that mean being proud of not having been "screwed"?

Not surprising and China will get away with pretty much whatever it wants. Who is going to stop them? You won't see them kicked out of the G8 like Russia. Too important. Also, they are not doing much too dissimilar than America whose actions they will refer to with a 'What about when America did this?" rebuke. 

• 2 weeks later...