Opening of Malls

baa99

Anyone know the procedure for entering and leaving the malls? From the vids I have see, you scan a QRcode that sends you to a government website to register. It seemed the site was all in Thai so if you can't read Thai it'll be difficult.

The QR code is basically a location tag. When I went to Fashion Island on Sunday, they used the LINE app to scan me in. When at HomePro you had to scan another QR code, so basically they have an idea where your phone has been at a certain point in time. Tried to log out later, worked at HomePro but not at the mall itself. Apparently it's just linked to some sort of survey which I didn't bother with.

I suspect that if you don't have your phone with you, you just fill in a form with your phone number. 

Will probably try next time with an old dumb phone that doesn't have a camera but still works, just to throw a spanner in the works, so to speak..

Try as they might, the QR wouldn't work on my phone. Instead, I just wrote my name and phone number of a sheet they had for that (since apparently it wasn't uncommon). Also, at least in the mall I went to (Ngamwongwan), you had to sign again at every shop or restaurant you visited. My impression was so they could locate you, if it turned out some who was infected had been to the mall or shops the same day as you were.

• Like 1

What happens when a CV+ person visits a mall and 5 days later is diagnosed?  Does everyone in that mall at the same time as the CV+ person have to go into isolation? Since the person may have contaminated the area, does everyone that visited the mall (after he entered)  that day have to isolate? That could be 100's of people, if not a 1000 people.

Yes, but it's a start, you can try to isolate a town or a city and track down each contact and pull the plug on further transmission.

Easier in small places like NZ, but with the power of big data base algorithms, doable everywhere.

and in Wuhan they're continuing with the goal of total eradication.

1590546133675.jpg

Wuhan you say? Are the travel restrictions eased now? Flights resumed?

Beware Malware Associated with Fake Thai Chana Check-in/Check-out System

There have been reports of fake Thai Chana sites that will ask you to download their apps. The apps containing malware pretending to be the Thai Chana domain include thaichana.pro, thai-chana.asia, and thaichana.asia.  Please note the fake sites may send links via SMS to your smartphone number taken from a sign-in sheet at an entry point that you may have completed instead of using the QR system.  Users should NEVER click on a link to a site purporting to be the Thai Chana check-in/check-out system.

The real Thai Chana domain names used to check-in and check-out at venues in Thailand are www.ไทยชนะ.com or www.thaichana.com.  Please note:  NO apps are required to use this website.  Users may wish to consider using a general voice only telephone (landline – 02 prefix) number when completing a sign-in sheet that would allow authorities to reach you via this voice line for contact tracing purposes.

https://www.osac.gov/Content/Report/4d67f4ba-d0c4-4f89-bb92-18c90309155f