Seven groups of Falang

Coss

With Thai spouses is unclear, does that mean on marriage visa or just showing marriage papers. 

I have friends overseas married to Thai but no Visa, and people in Thailand on Retirement Visa, due to less paperwork, than a marriage Visa

• Like 1

I think they would need to apply at the embassy in their home country for a visa based on marriage. I recall for UK the only requirements were marriage cert, Thai ID card, house paper and my bank statement. All as copies.

Pretty sure a "fit to fly" issued within 3 days document and the US$100k equivalent insurance covering COVID-19 will also be requirements

Plenty of us have switched from a marriage visa to a retirement visa, since it is so much easier. Years ago, a marriage visa required all sorts of paperwork and the wife showing up in person - but only for the first time! After that renewal was easy. Nowadays every renewal is just as complicated as it was for the original visa. I saw an immgration sergent actually ask a man why he didn't change to retirement, since he didn't work in Thailand and had no need for a work permit. She was right.

The problem will solve itself the moment Thailand reopens the border to Chinese tourists.

The solution likely won't be pretty.

I'm sitting on paid airline and hotel reservation for my 65th birthday party trip in late August.  At this point, I strongly doubt that the trip will happen.  The hotel has already agreed to treat the nonrefundable unchangeable reservation money as a deposit against my next trip, if I can't come in August.  (They've been watching the coronavirus situation, and I am a LONG-term repeat customer, apparently well-liked by all of their people.)  The airline tickets are "flexible" and covered by trip insurance.  (My life would have been simpler if I'd thought to put the hotel reservations on the insurance as well.  Oh well...)