No really, stop rage-cutting Thai students’ hair, education ministry orders

Coss

A week after another student was forcibly given an “ugly” haircut by a teacher, the Education Ministry yesterday ordered such punishment forbidden at all schools nationwide. 

Prasert Boonruang, ministry spokesman, said Thursday that relevant agencies overseeing schools at all levels were instructed in writing that it was no longer an acceptable way to impose hairstyles on students. 

The letter forbid teachers from punishing their students by cutting their hair against their will. It instead advised every school to give verbal warnings, suspensions, reduced behavior points or devise other corrective measures to change their behavior. The ministry also advised schools to host meetings between teachers, students and parents to reach mutual agreement on hair rules....

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/no-really-stop-rage-cutting-thai-students-hair-education-ministry-orders/

Corporal punishment is also banned, but I have seen primary school teachers line of their entire class and give them all a good smack on the hand with a ruler.

p.s. My Mrs had beautiful hair when she was a university student, and she told me that when she was doing her practice teaching in her final year, her supervising teacher (a woman in her 40s) told her to cut her hair. Long hair was "impolite". She refused to cut it, so the teacher gave her a C+, while everyone else got a B+.