The Thai Way

Mekong

Maybe it is my Engineering background but I am  stickler for standards, they make the world follow the same rules. One of these is the IPA or International Phonetic Alphabet, you all know it, Alpha, Brave, Charle etc Tango Golf is Thai Airlines, it was invented over 100 years ago and has stood the World well.

The World except “Her Indoors” she has her own Phonetic Alphabet, B is Bangkok, S is Singapore, T is Thailand etc, every time she is on the phone using S is Singapore I can feel myself seething but there is no point in saying anything since I would be told “This is the Thai way, Western way is wrong”

This is the Thai way, the number of times I have heard that haha, I have, in certain instances proven “The Thai Way” incorrect by Maths only to be told western mathematics is wrong. Now a days I am resigned to shrugging my shoulders, saying “Whatever” realise it is an argument I will never win and accept that there is “A Thai Way”

1 hour ago, Mekong said:

Maybe it is my Engineering background but I am  stickler for standards, they make the world follow the same rules. One of these is the IPA or International Phonetic Alphabet, you all know it, Alpha, Brave, Charle etc Tango Golf is Thai Airlines, it was invented over 100 years ago and has stood the World well.

The World except “Her Indoors” she has her own Phonetic Alphabet, B is Bangkok, S is Singapore, T is Thailand etc, every time she is on the phone using S is Singapore I can feel myself seething but there is no point in saying anything since I would be told “This is the Thai way, Western way is wrong”

This is the Thai way, the number of times I have heard that haha, I have, in certain instances proven “The Thai Way” incorrect by Maths only to be told western mathematics is wrong. Now a days I am resigned to shrugging my shoulders, saying “Whatever” realise it is an argument I will never win and accept that there is “A Thai Way”

Able Baker Charlie David England Freddy George Henry Italy Japan Kentucky London Mexico Norway Oboe Peter Queen Radio Sugar Tango United Victory Whisky X-ray Yankee Zanzibar.

Authorised UK government phonetic alphabet for secure transcripts.

• 4 weeks later...

The TV remote Control, such an innocuous device that can lead to many fights, arguments (and behind the hand chuckles) 

For me it is simple, Pick up remote from table, Selects Channel, Replaces remote on table, as I said simple. The wife? Oh no. Picks up remote, receives a phone call, wanders around the apartment or out to balcony remote in hand, realizes remote is useless to carry and puts down, cannot remember where she left it, changes channel, goes to fridge and puts the remote down in the fridge.

Then I get, what have I done with it, where did I hide it? Once it is ascertained I have not hid it it is then my fault for not watchIng what she does with it, JUST LEAVE IT ON THE TABLE.

Jeez give me strength!