Sign in to follow this  
Mekong

The Thai Way

Maybe it is my Engineering background but I am  stickler for standards, they make the world follow the same rules. One of these is the IPA or International Phonetic Alphabet, you all know it, Alpha, Brave, Charle etc Tango Golf is Thai Airlines, it was invented over 100 years ago and has stood the World well.

The World except “Her Indoors” she has her own Phonetic Alphabet, B is Bangkok, S is Singapore, T is Thailand etc, every time she is on the phone using S is Singapore I can feel myself seething but there is no point in saying anything since I would be told “This is the Thai way, Western way is wrong”

This is the Thai way, the number of times I have heard that haha, I have, in certain instances proven “The Thai Way” incorrect by Maths only to be told western mathematics is wrong. Now a days I am resigned to shrugging my shoulders, saying “Whatever” realise it is an argument I will never win and accept that there is “A Thai Way”

After 20 yrs of marriage to a Thai wife, who stuck by the Thai way, I now have a Lao wife, who does not presume to exert cultural superiority over the ATM.

1 hour ago, Mekong said:

Maybe it is my Engineering background but I am  stickler for standards, they make the world follow the same rules. One of these is the IPA or International Phonetic Alphabet, you all know it, Alpha, Brave, Charle etc Tango Golf is Thai Airlines, it was invented over 100 years ago and has stood the World well.

The World except “Her Indoors” she has her own Phonetic Alphabet, B is Bangkok, S is Singapore, T is Thailand etc, every time she is on the phone using S is Singapore I can feel myself seething but there is no point in saying anything since I would be told “This is the Thai way, Western way is wrong”

This is the Thai way, the number of times I have heard that haha, I have, in certain instances proven “The Thai Way” incorrect by Maths only to be told western mathematics is wrong. Now a days I am resigned to shrugging my shoulders, saying “Whatever” realise it is an argument I will never win and accept that there is “A Thai Way”

Able Baker Charlie David England Freddy George Henry Italy Japan Kentucky London Mexico Norway Oboe Peter Queen Radio Sugar Tango United Victory Whisky X-ray Yankee Zanzibar.

Authorised UK government phonetic alphabet for secure transcripts.

So my wife is using Authorised Thai government phonetic alphabet for secure transcripts. Fuck I married a spy.

• Haha 1

Bring back The Windtalkers! now that was secure in WWII.

Windtalkers (2002)

Two U.S. Marines in World War II are assigned to protect Navajo Marines, who use their native language as an unbreakable radio cypher.

4 hours ago, Mekong said:

So my wife is using Authorised Thai government phonetic alphabet for secure transcripts. Fuck I married a spy.

Quite possibly, you have been warned 😂

UK had MI6: USA CIA, Israel has Mossad and Thailand has the Bamboo Telegraph. 

Well of course Thailand had the red scarves but I suspect they were no match for the bamboo telegraph, Worlds most efficient "Dob you in the shit" alerting system ever.