Aung San Suu Kyi is GREAT, Muslims are BAD and Budhists are GREAT

My Penis is hungry

One of Myanmar's five million young adults, May Thandar Maung had been excited to cast her ballot for the very first time in November's election.

But the 18-year-old is Muslim and says that means she will remain voiceless.

"My religion means I haven't been able to get an ID card," she tells AFP in her hometown of Meiktila in central Myanmar -- and no ID means no vote.

She describes how local officials have obstructed her attempts for over a year, while Buddhist peers faced no such delays, in a town where memories of brutal inter-communal violence in 2013 are still raw.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/i-want-to-vote-myanmar-s-muslims-hindus-sidelined-in-election/ar-BB18ry9i?ocid=msedgntp

• 5 months later...

Myanmar military widens coup dragnet

Scores protest at Yangon university as number of 'political' arrests passes 130

c1_2063323.jpg

Students march during a protest against the military coup at Dagon University in Yangon on Friday. (AFP photo)

YANGON: Several hundred teachers and students protested at a Myanmar university on Friday as the military widened a dragnet against officials ousted in a coup that has drawn global condemnation and the threat of new sanctions.

The rally took place after the arrest Win Htein, a key aide to de facto leader Aung Sang Suu Kyi, who was detained along with president Win Myint early Monday.

The putsch ended the country's 10-year dalliance with democracy that followed decades of oppressive junta rule, and sparked outrage and calls by US President Joe Biden for the generals to relinquish power.

About 70 members of Aung San Suu Kyi’s political party convened their own version of parliament in defiance of the coup, local media said on Friday...

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/2063323/myanmar-military-widens-coup-dragnet