Nanaplaza.com?

paul101

Those were the days before Facebook, Google. Forums had a big role. I remember, late Lao Huli, had 930 posts in one month. pattaya127 had 650. At that time, Fidel Castro had 11 more years to rule Cuba.

Somebody had posted, from  the Admin of Delphi board explanation that the board (Delphi) was a good idea but pop ups and ads were a bad idea. Can't remember now if that was the reason for their demise and if nanaplaza.com took off to replace that board.

Today, if this board (bar the links in the US tread) if it can get 100 posts a month altogether, that is where the board is.
Those were the days when we thought a wider audience would come. They did, but to other, easier to use and more attractive media that did not exist during the nanaplaza.com best days.

And now (for some time already) everything available to anyone, anywhere. Too much information, too much choice, the public has no other way than to go by "likes" and ratings.

Thai has been photographed from all angles, 100s of millions of pictures. A single board like this one, with back legs in the Internet infancy 20 years ago, stands a very small chance.

Good that someone is maintaining it, if the time comes, tell us when the lights go off.

• Like 1

Hi,

>I thought Delphi banned us?

Don't fully recall. I remember they started charging for access to the Delphi boards and used ours as one of the ones to test people's reactions.
Our reaction was to quit Delphi and setup our own board. This board is still here, no clue what happened to Delphi boards, but my guess they are no longer around.

Sanuk!

• 9 months later...

Responding to a long-dormant thread.

The name change was made because the ad system we used to generate a little revenue objected to the politically incorrect Nanaplaza activities, and some threat that the govt might block us.

At this point nanaplaza.com is still dormant; I'm open to suggestions how it might get used.

Were I still in the region, and my plans are, to be in Laos, once this Covid thing has settled down, I would contribute to a night life NanaPlaza.com board, featuring the politically incorrect activities, as we used to do.

Senior section/all legs working/

My feeling is that, there'd be few followers, because they're all in the discordant world of inyafaceyoutwit etc...

Mind you I'm observing young'ns,  extolling the virtues of "no social media" these days (Gymnasts, Writers, Artists, but not marketing folk), dunno if that'll last though.

Jigger and KS, once again thanks,  for keeping this board going, it's one the last bastions of sanity, well, nearly :)

19 hours ago, Coss said:

Jigger and KS, once again thanks,  for keeping this board going, it's one the last bastions of sanity, well, nearly :)

To quote Wildalaska when the board had been shut down for a couple of days many many moons ago:

" We shall do something else in the meantime , but what ??? "

22 hours ago, Coss said:

because they're all in the discordant world of inyafaceyoutwit etc...

And on that theme Telegram messenger has announced that users can add 1,000 participants to a video call...

https://www.republicworld.com/technology-news/apps/telegram-new-feature-allows-users-to-add-1000-participants-to-a-group-video-call.html

here y'go

iphoegram.jpg.80f4826a3827b0baaa5c1635bd6b81fc.jpg