Protests in Bangkok

cavanami

The water cannons brought out even more people after making the state of emergency a total farce, interestingly few police around. The biggest mistake the gvnt made was banning the ff party stripping millions, and a lot of the young of votes and hope. The new generation woken up by the internet are not going to stand for the old do what you are told mentality

lp2.jpg

lp.jpg

bts.jpg

18 minutes ago, paul101 said:

interestingly few police around.

I read today that the protestors don't want the Military and the Roy-a-ahem-cough-cough,  involved in government.

Given that the triad of power in LOS, is Military, Police, and Roy-a-ahem-cough-cough, it could be that the Police want to do little,  so as to be viewed favourably, compared to the other two,  in the aftermath.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zzzz said:

The pics show protesters packed like sardines.  Los has low Covid infection rate but that could be a super-spreader event.

Most people wearing their masks. Besides, the police will use the water cannon with chemicals in the water...that'll kill the covid!

There are many delectable stories at the Khaosod English commercial site, rather than post them here, I can suggest  their viewing.

Mind you,  I was getting -

default backend - 404

-  for a while,  suggesting divine intervention.

I see the PM just marched into a news conference to the tune of live and die with loyalty, a catchy tune I can't say I am familiar with and could be taken as a threat of violence on the part of the state against it's younger and wiser generation. Live news feed ban upheld by the court of rubber stamps and a request to block telegram app, China 2 no doubt about it.