Visas for New Zealand/ Stickman?

paul101

Stickman this week tells the tale of Nee from Thailand who relocated to NZ to live and work, no Kiwi husband apparently. She dates a Welsh bloke and Korean and a Slovakian, presumably some of who were working. How do they do it? The Welsh man could get 6 months visa but not the Korean or Slovakian, the Thai woman no way. How can a Thai re locate to Thailand and get a job for $20 an hour? asking for a friend, I might send the Mrs she loved NZ.

Currently only New Zealand citizens and holders of resident and permanent resident visas can travel to New Zealand.

Pre-Covid - and I presume post-Covid when the border opens up, anyone who has the skills to fill one of the many jobs on the "skills shortage category" can apply for a work visa. If a Thai can show they have the skills needed, they can apply for a work visa. Nursing is one of the major skills shortage areas....but there are many!

Minimum wage in NZ currently is $18.90 / hour and will increase to $20 / hour in April.

Friends from UK sold their house in Cambridge this year, now cannot buy another as they stopped foreigners purchasing, they think because too much property was being bought up by the Chinese. Buying in Spain instead, not as pleasant as NZ but the wine is cheap!

Post Brexit they will need a Visa for Spain, some big Hoo-Ha in the UK recently about 90 days max etc in EU Countries.

Personally I can’t  see the issue, I have only been living on Visas for over 30 Years (other countries as well as Thailand),  but the Entitled People think that the rules don’t apply to them, and owning a Holiday Home in Marbella constitutes being an expat.

• 2 weeks later...

Second best country on the planet.I took the ex there a few years ago. We toured the south island for 12 days. One of the best travel experiences I have had.

Ex was typical thai and wanted 600-7-00 pics everytime we stopped somewhere. Breathtaking scenery. Greymouth was a fav of mine

• Thanks 1