My Corona Diary December 2020 - 2021

Nasiadai

When the low season gradually started after March 2016, she went back to her town. There she fell in love with a married Thai man who already had two or three children. The end of the story: today she has a sweet four-year-old daughter.

When she told me about the affair with the married Thai man and its consequences, I was disappointed and horrified, but at the same time I was happy for her.
Last October, November, she got involved again with a married Thai man from her town. He had promised to leave his wife and come to her. He did not keep his promise. He stayed with his wife and children.
Thank Buddha, this relationship remained without consequences.

For months she has been complaining to me that she is single, that she has no boyfriend.
What can one say about this female behaviour? I don't understand the logic of her behaviour.
Why does she get involved with married men? She has shown me photos or sent them to me.
Sure, they are handsome men; they look good. But married? She must be aware that she is destroying a marriage, that she is taking the father away from small children.
Rich? None of them were rich. Maybe an income slightly above the average men earn in Isaan.
She is so pretty, so attractive, very sexy(!!!). It must be very easy for her to find a boyfriend who is single like her.

What could be the deeper reasons for this weird logic of her heart?
Could it be that she wants some form of revenge? Revenge on her fate of growing up without a father?
One would have to read Sigmund Freud again ...

We are still in a current of freezing cold polar air.
In the evening after sunset the temperature in the Hamburg area drops to 3° degrees.
During the day the in-flowing cold air is "warmed up" to about 9° degrees by the already high position of the sun 5555,
9° degrees. Fantastically warm.
When I went shopping earlier, I bought the first ice cream of this young season: "Cremissimo Stracciatella".
Wonderfully creamy, interspersed and sprinkled with little pieces of chocolate. Guys, a real treat.

Just now, in the evening, after the 8 o'clock TV news "Tagesschau", I ate the whole ice cream in one rut, no, I enjoyed it, celebrated it. 900 ml, 520 g.
It was also so cold in my room that I warmed up on this cold ice cream - fresh from the icebox of my fridge!
Now I feel sick! I have a stomach ache.
There is nothing else I can do: I turn the heating up to full power!

368508571_Eiscreme-450-DSC01939.JPG.bb97b305ee4cf4c93fd43d9f46d81832.JPG

Eiscreme-offen-450-DSC01948.JPG.b7928907baadf9f16eeccc92660e996f.JPG

22 April. It's enough to make your teeth chatter.
Where, pray tell, is global warming?
The meteorologists tell us we are experiencing the coldest April in Germany for almost 100 years.

And there is no end to the ice age in sight.
It's supposed to get even colder.

Hey, local expats, can't we make a deal?
You give us 10 degrees of warmth and we give you 10 degrees of cold.
Then we would have a fair compensation and we would have pleasant spring temperatures,
and it wouldn't be so hot and oppressive in Pattaya.

Back to the corona sick girl.
She tells me that she had the usual symptoms of a cold for about four to five days: fever, aching limbs and an unpleasant dry cough; long-lasting painful coughing fits.
Since today, the fever has gone down, as have the coughing fits. The body aches are still there, but are becoming more bearable.
In other words, she has obviously overcome the illness. She is on the road to recovery.
However, she has to stay in the quarantine ward for a total of 14 days.
Only then will she be released.
She sent me this picture. It shows her lying in a hospital bed, with part of the hospital room in the background.

Neeon-hospital-400-radiert.thumb.jpg.d0ea40a7eb2210635e9056c1cb284484.jpg

She looks quite strained.

Girl, come back to life. You'll make it. I am sure.

797843417_Neeon-recovered-radiert.jpg.48755e38e4fef02f92f700313076bda7.jpg

She thinks she has overcome the Corona disease.
She sends me this picture as proof. She says she has hardly any pain, fever, cough or other symptoms of illness.
Now she just has to endure a few more days in the quarantine ward and then she will be released.

I am also very happy that she has overcome the disease.

But where and on what occasion did she catch it?
She spent many months in her hometown, a small provincial town about 70 km west of Udon Thani. There she started a love affair with a married Thai man, father of two small children. He, however, separated from her and returned to his wife and children.
She did not know what to do. Pattaya was almost devoid of tourists, the bars and gogos were almost all closed.
Nevertheless, she went to Pattaya at the end of March to work as a service girl in a Thai pub to earn at least a few Baht.
This Thai pub is actually only for Thai guests; farlangs do not go there.
The place belongs to good friends of hers who offered her this job.
But after about 2 weeks she realised the futility of her trip to Pattaya and returned home. Even a few Baht could not be earned there. Because the Thais who frequented this Thai pub are all employed in the Pattayan tourism industry and therefore had no money to go out there in the evening.
About 8 or 9 days after her return, she developed flu symptoms; she went to the local hospital and the examinations revealed the terrible diagnosis: Corona! She went to the quarantine ward and received medical treatment and now she has beaten Corona.
That is the whole story.
Her trip to Pattaya - carried by the desperate hope of earning some money - gave her the corona infection and the disease.

What is the moral of the story?
What can be learned from it?
Watch out, keep your distance, get vaccinated quickly and hope you don't get infected yourself.

Regards from Jöroman  Bakwahn - Nasiadai

• 2 weeks later...

My garden in Düsseldorf
In the cold - much too cold - spring months of March, April, May 2021.

I love this piece of nature with its about 600 m². Our family has this garden now 62 years. Earlier in the 60s it was a pure vegetable and fruit garden. Today we have mainly flowers and ornamental shrubs, a large lawn and in addition a few fruit bushes such as gooseberries, currants - red and black - and blueberries and a few perennials of rhubarb.
We use these fruits mainly for pies during the summer months!
Rhubarb pie with whipped cream, a specialty of my sister.

594526738_TortemitSchlagsahne-DSC02417.jpg.ef659b0e8ffb62120dc9bd92a2b1f6ee.jpg

Or I eat the fruits as a delicious dessert; currants with a little sugar on top, a delicacy.

The best thing about our garden is the fact that directly opposite is the Biergarten-Stoffeln.
In the late afternoon around 5 or 6 p.m. after work is done, I like to stop by there to have a few Alt beers; a Düsseldorf beer specialty.

693120916_Charly-BiergartenStoffeln.jpg.63fe31d462b652d65ecb06b4bdb4094a.jpg

To the end of the day a few beers. Prosit!

• Like 1

My main topic today: The tulip - the spring flower par excellence.

Tulpen1-DSC01951.jpg.4eb7ff3e597981f8dca2af73de18ad61.jpg

Tulpen2-DSC01958.thumb.jpg.0d70f4cd73673da809714652226ffd25.jpg

Tulpen3-DSC01966.thumb.jpg.62538db306dbc5a33f34ca800a73bdcc.jpg

Tulpen4-DSC01969.thumb.jpg.544e605d63b36f3278d6cb957eae6403.jpg

In Germany one of the most popular spring flowers is the tulip. Between March and May, it sprouts its bell-shaped flowers from the bulb - sometimes mottled, sometimes feathered, in white, yellow, orange, pink, red to purple.

In the following I refer and summarize what I have acquired knowledge on some German-language garden sites:

The tulip is a genus comprising over 5000 varieties, belonging to the lily family. From wild forms developed through breeding measures in the Orient - Persia - the garden tulips that are widely grown today. They are perennial, bulb-forming plants that can reach heights of up to sixty centimeters. Their basal leaves, about thirty centimeters long, are linear, almost ovate in appearance, and have wavy or smooth margins, depending on the variety. The bell-shaped, solitary flowers appear in many different colors, and after flowering they develop into cylindrical capsule fruits. Particularly attractive are the so-called parrot tulips, which are most common in the color combination blue-red-yellow and have wavy petal edges.

The bulb is dug in September or October at a depth of about 15 centimeters. The plant thrives in sunny or shady locations, but needs a well-drained soil. The bulb dies after flowering and forms a daughter bulb that sprouts and flowers the following season.
Here in Germany the tulip is the most popular spring flower of all, next to the daffodil.

A historical reminiscence
For decades, the largest producer of tulips in the world is Holland.
The tulip became known in Central Europe through Ogier Ghiselin de Busbecq, the envoy of Emperor Ferdinand I. As a diplomat in Turkey in the 16th century, he received some tulip bulbs as a gift.

Busbecq sent tulip seeds and bulbs to Charles de l'Ecluse, who was first imperial court gardener in Vienna and later professor at the University of Leidenin Holland. He was the first to cultivate tulips in the Netherlands, but only for scientific purposes.

Due to a theft from his garden, the plants spread on the free market. Within a very short time, the tulip became the fashion flower par excellence.

In the 17th century, the tulip was considered the queen among flowers and became a gigantic object of speculation. Between 1634 and 1637, the period of tulpomania, bids of up to 10,000 guilders were made in Holland for a bulb of the "Semper Augustus," a multicolored tulip with white stripes. At the time, that was the equivalent of an Amsterdam townhouse.
However, tulip bulbs became a financial disaster for many Dutch people.
The tulip craze ended with a huge stock market crash that put many a speculator out of business. But even today the tulip is the favorite flower of the Dutch and as a mass product affordable for everyone.
Thank Buddha! I love my tulips, especially on cold days of early spring.

A man goes into a pet shop and decides that he wants to buy a hamster and takes it home.

The hamster turns out to be not quite what he wanted so he called the pet shop and asked if he could return it.

The pet shop explained their no return policy but said that he could try boiling the hamster and making jam from it.

The slightly perplexed man decides to do so, it takes a while, but he makes it.

On trying the jam, it was found to be bloody awful, so he threw it out of his kitchen window. He awoke the following morning to find a beautiful bunch or daffodils growing where he had thrown the jam.

He decided to call the pet shop and tell them, but they told him, 'but sir you must be mistaken, everyone knows you get tulips from hamster jam'.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

I love tulips

3 hours ago, Mekong said:

He awoke the following morning to find a beautiful bunch or daffodils growing where he had thrown the jam.

Yaeh, yaeh GUYS,

you want some daffodills. No problem for me. I have many daffodills in my garden.
Aso a popular spring flower.
The daffodil is a timeless classic among spring flowers.
The daffodil or yellow narcissus (Narcissus pseudonarcissus) is a species within the narcissus genus, which belongs to the Amaryllis family (Amaryllidaceae). It is native to the damp mountain meadows of Western Europe. In Germany, the daffodil is a protected species. Also known as the "trumpet narcissus" because of its flowers, it can be found growing wild in the Eifel, among other places. For hundreds of years there have been cultivars and proven garden forms of Narcissus pseudonarcissus, which enjoy great popularity among hobby gardeners.

But beware: the daffodil and its varieties are poisonous in all parts.

Daffodills-DSC01922.jpg.9f84a177120131f0141510600fdfcd42.jpg

Have fun!

Regards

But I think you want other spring flowers.
One like this:

Here we have a poisonous daffodil.
No, she was a very sweet one.
The picture was taken by Ben, then boss at Secrets Pattaya. "Carlsberg"

Look at her refined gesture of her left hand.
She gives us a glimpse of her sweet endowment.

2080491404_Charlysecrets-girl-radiert.jpg.c7bd81fed7f5a7eb29d8253d631cf90f.jpg

Edited by Nasiadai
Verbesserung