My Corona Diary December 2020 - 2021

Nasiadai

I do it in Deutsch and in English

Ich gratuliere dem englischen Team zu diesem deutlichen Sieg über eine ideenlos spielende deutsche Mannschaft.
Der Bann ist gebrochen. Seit dem letzten Sieg gegen Deutschland 1966 hat es in wichtigen Spielen nur Niederlagen gegeben. Nach 55 Jahren erlöst dieser Sieg über Deutschland eine ganze Nation.
Ich gratuliere noch einmal recht herzlich und wünsche dem englischen Team viel Erfolg für die weiteren Spiele.

I congratulate the English team on this clear victory over a German team that played without ideas.
The spell has been broken. Since the last victory against Germany in 1966, there have only been defeats in important matches. After 55 years, this victory over Germany redeems an entire nation.
Once again I congratulate the English team and wish them every success in their future matches.
Well done, England!

Nach einer saft- und kraftlosen Niederlage (0:1 gegen Frankreich), einem großartigen Sieg gegen Portugal (4:2), einem blamablen Unentschieden gegen Ungarn ist die deutsche Mannschaft gegen mittelmäßige Engländer ausgeschieden.
Die einstmals erfolgreiche und gefürchtete deutsche Nationalmannschaft ist international als "die Mannschaft" endgültig in der Zweitklassigkeit angekommen.
Das ist das schonungslose Ergebnis der letzten zwei großen Turniere.
2018 in Rußland das Ausscheiden bereits in der Vorrunde und nun die krachende Niederlage gegen brav und bieder spielende Engländer.

After a sapless and powerless defeat (0:1 against France), a great win against Portugal (4:2), an embarrassing draw against Hungary, the German team was eliminated against mediocre English.
The once successful and feared German national team has finally arrived internationally as "die Mannschaft", as "the team" in the second division.
That is the ruthless result of the last two major tournaments.
In Russia in 2018, they were eliminated in the preliminary round, and now they suffered a crushing defeat at the hands of the well-behaved, of medoicre English.

That's it!

18 hours ago, Nasiadai said:

I do it in Deutsch and in English

Ich gratuliere dem englischen Team zu diesem deutlichen Sieg über eine ideenlos spielende deutsche Mannschaft.
Der Bann ist gebrochen. Seit dem letzten Sieg gegen Deutschland 1966 hat es in wichtigen Spielen nur Niederlagen gegeben. Nach 55 Jahren erlöst dieser Sieg über Deutschland eine ganze Nation.
Ich gratuliere noch einmal recht herzlich und wünsche dem englischen Team viel Erfolg für die weiteren Spiele.

I congratulate the English team on this clear victory over a German team that played without ideas.
The spell has been broken. Since the last victory against Germany in 1966, there have only been defeats in important matches. After 55 years, this victory over Germany redeems an entire nation.
Once again I congratulate the English team and wish them every success in their future matches.
Well done, England!

Very Magmanimous  in defeat, I tip my hat at you (if I wore a hat that is)

• 2 weeks later...

My health has been very bad for a good two weeks.
My heart and circulation are going crazy.
The blood pressure rises to over 200; to 220 and 233 even.

Today I am experiencing a completely normal summer day. There are no special features and no excitement. It is a wonderful summer evening, the heart starts pumping wildly as if out of the blue. The blood pressure rises to 200.
What is this?
I am a notorious hypertensive all my life; an inheritance from the two families I come from.
The many medical examinations I have undergone in the last few weeks have yielded no results. I am a perfectly healthy man, no diseases, no cancer, no other medical abnormalities. Only the tendency to high blood pressure.
This constant high blood pressure led to a stroke 8 years ago.
The doctors want to "readjust the blood pressure" through a certain medication.
"Readjust the blood pressure", that is the phrase the doctors always repeat.
I take my blood pressure lowering medication regularly; now a medication in a slightly higher dose.
But I hardly feel any blood pressure lowering effect. Medicine, the art of medicine, has reached its end. They can't help me. I am out of treatment.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't want to bore anyone with my illness story.
My blood pressure continues to be much too high; despite taking blood pressure-lowering medication regularly.
It is therefore doubtful whether I will ever come to Siam again .....

my topic today:

How will be the coming high season from around October/November 2021 to early April 2022?

What decisions will the Thai government make in the coming weeks and months concerning international tourism?
I suspect that Thailand will reopen the borders to international tourism from October/November 2021.
Tourists entering the country will have to fulfil the following requirements:
1. they must be fully vaccinated - at least twice, better three times.
2. they must have health insurance that also covers corona illness; i.e. also the costs for a quick return trip to the home country or the cost-intensive treatment in a Thai hospital.
3. incoming tourists must show a negative test taken immediately before departure.
I believe that only under these conditions the Thai government can revive international tourism.
But these entry conditions will deter many holidaymakers/tourists. Many will prefer to stay at home under these circumstances.

Final comment:
The Corona crisis is far from over.
The vaccines are nowhere near as effective as hoped.
Even vaccinated people can fall ill - although not severely - and they can transmit the virus.
Nasiadai -  Hamburg/Deutschland
 Guest at Happy Bou and Joy's Paradise,  Jomtiem - Soi Welcome

The October opening for tourists was based on 70% of all people being vaccinated   ….  That statement was made in May when vaccinations were rolled out.

Currently 15.2% of the population has been vaccinated in 3.5 months, extrapolating such the 70% will be reached in another 13 months, so a October 2022 is more realistic.

This is not my estimate just simple mathematics 

Mekong,
you're right about the Thai population.
The pace of vaccination is very slow there and lags behind the announcements of the Siamese government.

My contribution refers to the incoming tourists and holidaymakers.
If they can prove that they are "clean", vaccinated, not contagious, and have Corona health insurance, millions of tourists can enter. Why not?

8 hours ago, Mekong said:

Because the government stated the 70% requirement.

Fully vaccinated tourists in Phuket Sandbox have had Covid, vaccinated people can still carry the virus.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/can-vaccinated-people-transmit-covid-19-to-others/  

Friend here had the doctor tell her she can not get the vaccine for six months since she had covid and recovered but she carries the virus within her!