My Corona Diary December 2020 - 2021

Nasiadai

Many people poo poo classical music for being  over 300 years old etc. Bollox.

If Mozart had been around in the 1970’s he would have been akin to “The Ramona’s” he disdained the late 1700’s equivalent of “Prog Rock” and introduced “Punk” yet some people still label as boring.

On 1/24/2022 at 1:34 PM, My Penis is hungry said:

The history of reviewing  Thai night life I think needs to go back to Trink

However Stickman seems to be the only digital reviewer that ever paid tribute to Trink,

Which I like, in many ways I think Stickman was the natural successor to Trink

Ahhh back to the early 90's and waiting for the rag to appear, about the only thing I read in the paper.

A quick bit of shameless self-promotion, I resume publishing Stickman weekly tomorrow.

To cut a long story short, the owners of the site approached me and asked me if I would be interested in resuming and i said yes. They want to get some buzz going as the industry looks towards reopening in the *hopefully* not too distant future. Of course, me being in New Zealand and not having stepped foot in Thailand in 2+ years makes it tough, as does the fact that most bars are closed. I'll do my best to put together something readable....

• 3 weeks later...

We stay on the tracks of Amadeus.
The starting point is the Amadeus film from 1984.

Between 2010 and 2014, I wrote down some thoughts on Mozart and the late 18th century in Vienna.
The essay comprises approx. 18 A4 pages. Between individual chapters I have inserted small musical intermezzi to keep my German reading public amused. I have included two of these "intermezzi" in the English text.
I have shortened the essay considerably, adapted it for an Anglo-American reading audience, and translated it.
This was intellectual hard work 55555 and took me 3 days.

Here is the result.

To get you in the mood, I'll start with some "inter-act music", with a musical intermezzo, an interlude.