My Corona Diary December 2020 - 2021

Nasiadai

On 10/25/2022 at 9:51 AM, Nasiadai said:

Good old Charly - with a "borrowed daughter" in Maha Bandula Park downtown Yangon.

She's a keeper Charly. As it happens, MLG's Burmese friend, who lives down the road here in Auckland, is married to an older gentleman. And she looks very much like, the one in your photo.

On 10/27/2022 at 4:11 AM, My Penis is hungry said:

Iove train travel, didn't know about the throwing sweets tradition 

I was in a compartment with an Australian of about the same age.
After a good hour's ride, he opened the window and after a few moments he asked me to look out as well.
We were passing a village. Children and mothers with their children were standing along the railway line. Train passengers were throwing them sweets like candies, small chocolates, chocolate bars, biscuits and small cakes (all well wrapped in wrappers or cellophane).

We both looked at each other with a astonished and startled look.
Then the Australian said to me:
"If I had known, I would have bought a whole bag of sweets and made the children happy."
I nodded in agreement.
But we both had our fun watching.

For weeks, Europe has had the following weather situation:
A high pressure area in the east - now over the Balkans - and low pressure areas over the North Atlantic have been shovelling warm air from the Mediterranean to Central Europe.
We have very warm temperatures.  On Saturday and Sunday 30 October we had 20 degrees!
That's why I went to Düsseldorf last Friday. There is a lot to do in our garden. The weeds are growing like crazy because of the long-lasting warmth and humidity. They are literally exploding.
I have to work in the next few days and also mow the lawn again.
Oh my goodness.

On Saturday, in sunshine and 20 degrees, I strolled through Düsseldorf's city centre. Outside the cafes and pubs many people were sitting and enjoying the warm rays of the sun. There was a fun and happy atmosphere everywhere.

Then we met in our trendy café. Hot discussions over 3 hours about the current politics in Germany.
The coalition of Greens, Social Democrats and Free Democrats are riding our country into the shit. Energy and climate plots.
Just keywords:
It is a catastrophe.  German small and medium-sized enterprises - the backbone of the German economy - are going bankrupt by the dozen because of this policy.
What follows is deindustrialisation, unemployment and an unimagined loss of prosperity.
But the German voters want it that way. They agree with this policy. They vote for these parties again and again in the current elections.

I no longer understand my fellow Germans.
Once again they follow the state authorities.
Government command, we follow you - unconditionally, even if the path leads into the abyss.
We had that twice in the last century. The Germans learn nothing from their history.

Here is a video with English subtitles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm1ohcnbkSo

Gentlemen, would you please consider there are alternative views on the German policy than this. Because Mr Nasiadai obviously has no idea what happens in the economy I wish to add that for example by more than generous financial support by the government thousands of German small , middle-size and even large businesses could only survive from support from the current government. Mr Nasiadai further seems to think that present difficulties result from bad government and obviously he has never heard about Covid and/or the Ukraine war and resulting economic chaos. I could go on questioning this bullshit but we are on a Thai forum and I do not want to lower myself on this level. But it should not remain uncritized I believe.

There has been an attack on my beloved girl. The Girl with the Pearl Earring by Johannes Vermeer.

Her picture hangs in the form of a reproduction about 1.60 m away from me above my desk.
I have reported on the only real QUEEN of this world.
Fanatical climate terrorists have glued themselves to the painting and doused themselves with tomato sauce; some splashes of the tomato sauce have also hit the painting.
Thank God the picture is protected with a pane of glass.

2081061457_Vermeer-GirlwithaPearlEarring.jpg.1de98e8f0a75b062d86a35a0e01f1935.jpg

look here:

https://youtu.be/oOM1560mczg

I am appalled and saddened.

But thank GOD!

The Netherlands shows how to properly combat climate terrorism by climate radicals:
Prison sentences for climate stickers in Holland: Vandalism of Vermeer painting

Here is a short summary from the German and Dutch press:
Attack on the world-famous painting "The Girl with the Pearl Earrings" by Jan Vermeer from 1665:
The judge called it a "shocking act". The climate-change hoodlum was punished with two months in prison.

It's not just in Germany: climate chaotic cultists are also vandalising other countries. In The Hague, the fanatics have glued themselves to a world-famous painting and spilled tomato sauce on it. It is true that the painting itself remained intact because it was additionally protected by a pane of glass. But the frame and the back were damaged.

It is my girl: the world-famous painting "The Girl with the Pearl Ears" by Jan Vermeer from 1665.
The Dutch judge spoke of a "shocking act".
The climate-change hoodlum was punished with two months in prison.

523063916_Vermeer-Mdchen-mit-demPerlenohrring-neu.jpg.bba77dab17f530c518d2a2096b69d5b0.jpg

Look here:

https://youtu.be/iFCsH1zq0L8

33 and 34 second - this is one way to honour this work of art.

I may be a little slow now and again, but I cannot see the correlation between a 17th Century work of art and  “Just Stop Oil” protests.

Also do the protesters not realise that the glue that they are using is derived from oil? Not in this attack but others, they are using paint, derived from oil

The one which really tickles me is “World Earth Day” when the tree huggers turn off the lights and burn candles. The candles requires to produce same light as a 40W light bulb produce more CO2 than the power plant does or power the light bulb. In other words they are adding to greenhouse gases.

As some may remember, I'm a climate change skeptic.

And without igniting another pro-anti argument I'll offer the following.

I agree that the protestors are risible.

I think it's because they are arguing on decade time frames.

Time frames for provable scientific data, seem to be in the order of centuries.

Climate cycles look to be on the millennial scale.

If we think about this, we may find that the concern on climate, is too narrowly focused.

It's a similar disjoint, to the oft quoted, 1 million seconds is 11.57 days and 1 billion seconds is 31.7 years.

I think that all the concern on climate change,  is  dealing with a time scale, in the order of 1~1.5 days, in the seconds scale above.