Stick taking another break it seems

My Penis is hungry

Despite what was written in that last column, I think the chances of making a return are slim. It was a nice run and nice to get another 2.5 years writing the column but my best guess is that I won't be back. And I am cool with that.

Let's face the truth: It is daft that I guy living in New Zealand who hasn't lived in Bangkok since early 2015 was writing a column about expat nightlife. Of course, I gave it my best shot every week and did everything I could to remain relevant, but there is only so much you can do when you're 10,000 km away.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, paul101 said:

Must have gotten pretty boring covering bars and nightlife every week when not really interested in the subject. The photos were the quality side of the site. Like the terminator he'll be back.

In recent years it really was a hobby that paid and filled in a few hours in the day. I was in a groove, had a decent network of people on the ground helping me out and it was easy to put out something reasonable each week. Stopping, even for a short time, loses momentum - and means a comeback becomes more difficult. If I was a betting man, I'd say I won't be back. I say that for a combination of reasons but ultimately, I think it comes back to the state of the industry and viability of the site. I won't do it for peanuts and that means the owners need to sell a decent chunk of advertising each month to pay me. Given tourists won't likely be back in decent numbers for some time to come, it's hard to see it happening. And I am totally cool with that.

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

In recent years it really was a hobby that paid and filled in a few hours in the day. I was in a groove, had a decent network of people on the ground helping me out and it was easy to put out something reasonable each week. Stopping, even for a short time, loses momentum - and means a comeback becomes more difficult. If I was a betting man, I'd say I won't be back. I say that for a combination of reasons but ultimately, I think it comes back to the state of the industry and viability of the site. I won't do it for peanuts and that means the owners need to sell a decent chunk of advertising each month to pay me. Given tourists won't likely be back in decent numbers for some time to come, it's hard to see it happening. And I am totally cool with that.

Stick

I want to do an application post for all you have done.  You Sir are a legend  in Thailand.   I started following your website shortly after  my first visit to Thailand  in yr 2000 and was there.every week until I moved here in 2010.  For years   I read everyone of your contributors post.  I would be there

shortly after Dana posted every week. By the way do you know what happened to  Dana? 

Stick thank you again for a great website! 

• Like 1

Hey Stick - good to see you here again.  

A few weeks ago you write an article about the old Bangkok based bloggers - that was a time travel piece back in history for me.  

Time for someone to consolidate a few newer bloggers/vloggers or now Twitter/Tiktok stars - something for Stickboy or someone. 

I'm surprised I never figured out the connection between Stickman and Stickboy. 

Still have both http://www.nanaplaza.com and http://soicowboy.com domains for sale!