Washington Square

paul101

1 hour ago, khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"I imagine Nana Plaza will end up going the same way in the not too distant future."

That's what people have been saying for the last 20 years or so.

Sanuk!

20 years ago there was Soi Zero, Sukhumvit Sq, Clinton Plaza, Asoke corner, Queens park, Washington Sq etc all history. Nana Plaza will go the same way one day, just a matter of time.

Compared with Nana Plaza, Buckskin Joe’s (Soi Zero), Sukhumvit Sq, Clinton Plaza and Asoka Corner were relatively short term operations, in fact many of the smaller Buckskin Joe’s bar owners relocated to Sukhumvit Sq.

To be honest does not bother me one iota, I have probably not gone to a nightlife area at nighttime this millennium, far better things to do with my time.

Hi,

"To be honest does not bother me one iota, I have probably not gone to a nightlife area at nighttime this millennium,"

Same, and I do think that at some point NP and SC will likely be gone (or moved to the outskirts?), but it is kinda funny to be hearing that it will happen soon for the last 20 years.

Sanuk!

7 hours ago, paul101 said:

Clinton Plaza

Tears rolling down  my face, heart already broken. The only `nightlife area` I ever enjoyed. In a bar a naked woman  from the South of Thailand explaind me that I am hansum man. Still very proud. As a rudimentary sign of gratitude we went into a shop in Chinatown next day and I bought her a waterpump for the farm. I swear this is true gentlemen, and by far not the stupidest thing I have ever done in Siam. I owe Siam a lot. But lovely Pam she Lao, we now do whatsapp, very funny.

Talking about Nanaplaza diaappearing within next 20 years  it could well that the whole town disappears due to sinking in the mud by about 1 cm / year. I recommend Khunsanuk to spare all his empty Coke.cans and build a raft one day for the family.

• Like 1

Pre-internet these places were often not well known and as such, the true clientele, the connoisseurs,  would expend effort, to seek them out.

Now they are but another tourist attraction, that can be found, by having one's cellphone on "notify" when merely thinking, about sultry women.

I suggest that there are many smaller, and less visible places to visit,  ranging from 4 stool, sly grog shops to places posing as, night club danceries, that will flourish  again once vaccinations rise to a meaningful level, also slightly different flavoured establishments in other countries nearby.

Vis Burma is nearby and have you seen some of the protestors?

An acquaintance of mine, whose 20-ish daughter was asking her how to attain expensive handbags, makeup, latest pair of phones and such, was visibly biting her lower lip,  probably due to there being no "Playskool" -like,  place of employment, available to pretty young women in NZ.

29 minutes ago, Coss said:

I suggest that there are many smaller, and less visible places to visit

They are there, dear Sir, or at least have been there. Strolling through the sois, watching carefully and talking to the ladies made me a fine infrastructure which has now probably disappeared. Got to find a new one, we are not getting younger.