Donks

Coss

Wherein, the board bar has now become, the natural home for discussion on idiots, who had their 15 minutes of fame, but are yet to experience their very own Darwin Award moment.

--

It should come as no surprise then that virulent anti-GMO campaigner and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones is selling genetically modified (GMO) soy via his online store, while simultaneously and falsely claiming that GMOs cause cancer, infertility, IQ reduction, and deformities.

The soy in question is found in a men’s health supplement named Prosta Guard, sold by Jones’ InfoWarsShop.com.  Knowing that nearly all soy grown in the United States is genetically modified and painfully aware of Jones’ “America First” attitude, I contacted the InfoWars store and asked if the soy used in this product was genetically modified.  The response, was, unsurprisingly,  “Yes.”  InfoWars customer service added that any non-GMO products sold by Jones’ haberdashery would be clearly marked.

I don’t give a tinker’s damn if the soy is genetically modified or not, and experts agree that consumers have no reason to be concerned either.  There’s no evidence that genetically modified foods are anything but safe, nutritious, and a boon to agriculture.  But arguing the point with conspiracy theorists is an exercise in futility.

Consider, if you will, that Alex Jones believes that the government uses chemicals to create homosexuals as a form of population control, Michelle Obama is a man who married Barrack to prove a point on transgender rights, the United States Government has a secret weather control machine, and the “new world order” is opening thousands of portals to allow demons to pour out onto Earth. How do you debunk a reasoned argument when one is never presented?

--

"There is a cult of ignorance  [...]  nurtured by the false notion, that democracy means, that my ignorance, is just as good as your knowledge." -- Isaac Asimov.

You are correct and yet not, I guess pratt/moron/dickhead are also encompassed by the term Donk, used disparagingly and frequently referring to stupid people who are oblivious to  their condition.

Moron does not belong on that list.  ...   Moron used to mean an IQ of between 51 and 70. It was 

Idiot          0-25

Imbecile   26-50

Moron       51-70

These have now been replaced by Mild, Moderate. Severe and Profound Retardation .

Wokism replaces Moron with Moderate Retard 

• 4 months later...