Full reopening guidelines for Phuket and Samui

Coss

In a press release, the Tourism Authority of Thailand recently sought to lay out and clarify guidelines for how Thailand’s reopening will begin. The Phuket Sandbox plan rolls out first on July 1 (awaiting final approval), followed by a proposal for Surat Thani province reopening Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, and Koh Tao on a sealed route July 15.

Here are the current guidelines of what travellers need to do before travelling, how arriving will work, ...  at the LINK

_____

And if the huge list of requirements at the link, is acceptable to travellers wanting to holiday on the beaches of LOS, they might want to look at the photo below:

Tar-Balls-Nai-Yang-Beach-Phuket-Sustaina

These are not rocks, these are tar balls, in Patong, great gobs of it, sticky smelly nasty stuff.

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/patong/tar-balls-spreading-in-phuket-hit-patong-beach

• 2 weeks later...

347 Arrivals yesterday, the tourist will no doubt be staying in5 Star resorts so does diddly squat to help the Phuket economy 

There we’re more VIP’s and Cronies meeting passengers than the number of passengers who arrived, there were 55 PAX on this flight fromSingapore

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha welcomes foreign tourists from a Singapore Airlines flight at Phuket airport on Thursday. (Government House photo)

Which guidelines are they WHO guidelines state fully vaccinated people can

• Refrain from quarantine following a known exposure if asymptomatic

Fully vaccinated people with no COVID-like symptoms following an exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19

Most fully vaccinated people with no COVID-like symptoms do not need to quarantine, be restricted from work,or be tested following an exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19, as their risk of infection is low.

However, they should still monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days following an exposure.

Any excuse to keep his head down and out of the public view

On 7/2/2021 at 8:14 AM, Mekong said:

347 Arrivals yesterday, the tourist will no doubt be staying in5 Star resorts so does diddly squat to help the Phuket economy 

There we’re more VIP’s and Cronies meeting passengers than the number of passengers who arrived, there were 55 PAX on this flight fromSingapore

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha welcomes foreign tourists from a Singapore Airlines flight at Phuket airport on Thursday. (Government House photo)

I have analysed this breakthrough on the way back to fully functioning tourism.

I count 26 official- or semi-official individuals looking at arriving passengers. There should be more in the background, maybe somebody could contact the phuket authorities to verify the real number.  They have even chosen one military person although after thorough evaluation seem to have selected a representative of lesser hight not to frighten incoming tourists. Possibly a general moved to inactive post after having been caught in a corruption scandal. ( Personal guessing).

One person is spreading his arms to prevent tourists from running into the officials and causing turbulence. Two backup persons point into a certain direction to prevent tourists getting lost in the airport.

Unidentified falang with flipflops and without luggage disregards Covid19 minimum distance without being immediately put in quarantine.  ( Tall individual right side of tourist 1 in the queue).

I apologize in advance if I overlooked anything of significance.

I apologize in advance if I overlooked anything of significance.

My Dear Bubi, you missed many things of significance

Most of the VIP’s are Members of Parliament, therefore military, not just the one in uniform

The guy with his arms wide open is top dog himself General Pinocchio

If you haven’t noticed for the past 7 years Thailand has been under military dictatorship

Sir,

nothing could ever stop me from supporting the General´s unselfish efforts to reestablish tourism. I have therefore deeply thought and may now introduce the Bangkok fuckbox scheme. Vaccinated tourists holding proper insurance and cash could spend 5 days quarantine in Nana Hotel with daily excursion over the road into Nanaplaza strictly accompanied by qualified nurses selected by the Thai Tourist authority and the owner of Happy Girls Massage. The quarantine can voluntarily be expanded over a period of another 5 days if the tourist wishes so. What do you think? I am sure it will attract a lot of people, myself included.

It's prolly just me, but if I was number one in the queue, slim guy, artificially faded jeans, white T shirt, retreating hair, I'd give Mr Big Nose, the big hug he is asking for and grind his leg for good measure, maybe he'd give me an active post, of Bar Girl monitoring at venues of my choice...

and:

On 7/3/2021 at 6:59 PM, khunsanuk said:

Wanna bet that 99% of them are male :)

Perhaps, on further thought, I'd not be on the first plane load of horny falangs with erections, to arrive. On account of the press coverage and ability for people back home in the office and family, to view the resultant images and confirm their suspicions, that it's not just temples and shopping after all...