The best passports to hold in 2021

Coss

The best passports to hold in 2021 are:

1. Japan (193 destinations)
2. Singapore (192)
3. Germany, South Korea (191)
4. Finland, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain (190)
5. Austria, Denmark (189)
6. France, Ireland, Netherlands, Portugal, Sweden (188)
7. Belgium, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States (187)
8. Czech Republic, Greece, Malta, Norway (186)
9. Australia, Canada (185)
10. Hungary (184)

The worst passports to hold

Several countries around the world have visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to fewer than 40 countries. These include:
108. North Korea (39 destinations)
109. Nepal (38)
110. Palestinian territories (37)
111. Somalia (34)
112. Yemen (33)
113. Pakistan (32)
114. Syria (29)
115. Iraq (28)
116. Afghanistan (26)

What the figures quoted say, is that Nepalese passport holders have visa free or visa on arrival access to only 38 countries, of which Australia is obviously one. The number in parentheses is not a ranking, it's how many other countries, there is  visa free, or visa on arrival access, to.

Re: Nepalese, My niece has just married a Nepalese Boy. And a very attractive Nurse, who was looking after me, whom I initially thought, might have been a Brazilian lass, turns out to be Nepalese, they're everywhere!

• 2 weeks later...

Nepalese are one of the larger groups of International Students to Australia which probably explains why acquiring a visa is a little more relaxed.

They are also in general very hard workers with fair to reasonable English skills. Demolition company I use regularly are 100% Nepalese. Many are students who after paying for their tuition and living expenses are able to send home more money to their families than they could initially earn in Nepal. The smarter ones in Australia set up businesses and provide sponsorship arrangements.