UTUBE posters.

Kiwi

Hey guys,what are YOUR views on some of the posters on Utube, who post video clips on life in LOS? Some are well posted with great facts and information. Quality clips. Others are constantly posting with very little REAL info and are constantly requesting 'fund support'. 

A recent viewer stated that he stopped 'supporting' a Utuber after meeting him in person. "I'm not giving him my money to drink beer all day while I work for my money''.

Comments?

Thailand Youtubers are the modern day equivalent of Thaivisa members, whinging twats who live in Baan Nok and say how great their life is being a Mushroom Farmer, Cat herder or whatever.

Money? I wouldn’t waste my bandwidth 

That being said the wife watched some funny ones of Thais married to Farangs both in LOS and the west, some are quite funny, if you have a warped sense of humour like me.

• Like 1

Just my humble opinion: I looked at doing a Utuber's channel to make a dollar or two on the side and what I found was, like "influencing", "politics", "rock stars", "F1 winners", "movie stars",  etc, for every one, person that makes a good, or even an obscenely great income, there are millions and millions of also-rans, that waste their time.

Utube's method of creating content,  is to choose the top few, most popular, in any particular field and shower them with money, so that the million of other try-hards, will continue to make content, as part of their aspiration to gain easy money. Utube then sell access to this content's eyeballs, to advertisers.

So to the OP, I've seen about one, count 'em, one, good Utube about Thailand. I reckon the modern Utube, is the equivalent of an interesting post, by Wild Alaska on the old Nana Plaza board. Only Wild Alaska could spell, and speak grammatically, and he probably washed.

I may be wrong, I often am, but I was under the impression that the OP was pertaining towards the YouTube videos posted by the aforementioned Mushroom Farmers and Cat Herders rather than nightlife.

Some of them build nothing more than cowshed in the middle of Nakhon Nowhere and call it home, post videos of how the roof blew off in the first storm and proclaim how great life is.

One that springs to mind is a Brit who smoke like a chimney, drank like a fish and was about 90kg overweight begging for money for heart surgery. No sympathy, I was like if you can’t afford it then fuck off back to the UK, don’t expect me to bail you out. For some reason he got upset by my comments on his video .

So,etimes when I disappear down a YouTube rabbit hole I come across such videos and I often thin to myself “I wonder what his username is on Thaivisa” they just seem so mutually compatible.

9 hours ago, Mekong said:

One that springs to mind is a Brit who smoke like a chimney, drank like a fish and was about 90kg overweight begging for money for heart surgery. No sympathy

I've a mate who is a top dog at an intensive care Hospital dept, his view of antivaxxers is "shouldn't get a ventilator, if they get Covid" but he's duty bound to try and save them in his space suit and 7 days a week, 16 hrs a day, job.