Covid - your thoughts please

Coss

Since it is only a small group of 17% of the people above 18 in the Netherlands I feel government should stop listening to them (they are extremely vocal) and simply have them ask for permission to leave the house. So they can ask for 2 days a week to go buy groceries and that's it. Only other reason is for medical care or if they finally relent and get a vaccine!

In Biology at school in the 90ties I learned 95% of a population needs to be vaccinated for a virus to slowly disappear. But idiots in Dutch government say 75% is enough.

My 10 ¢

As noted above, it's the vocal minority who get the press coverage.

Much like Facebook, the media are culpable.

I think that the tables are slowly turning.

The thing about majorities, is that they almost always, prevail.

And the 95% vs 75%, yes correct.

The other balancing act, is the larger number of people, suffering financially, due to not being able to maintain their income at normal levels, and the government concern, that these folk, may disturb the stability of society, it's not just governments that fall, societies do too.

We are now seeing the global discussion moving to "get jabbed, or you can't do, x".

Back in the day, there was a perfectly good reason that the lepers were shunned, the healthy didn't want their friends and family, to get the disease and pass it on.

And so it goes with Covid.

Hey Waerth, good to see you posting :)

Get jabbed or you can’t do “x”

Glad to see Global Discussion following what have I advocated since day one of vaccines being available.

it is so blooming obvious, as a I have also said, for example, it was my choice to get yellow fever vaccine back in 1989, if I didn’t I wouldn’t have been able to work in South Korea at the time, and S Korea led to Thailand.

35 minutes ago, cavanami said:

My 59 year old Thai neighbor just passed away. He fought a tough battle with covid, in the hospital on oxygen for a few months. He was not in the best physical shape but the covid got him! This covid is nothing to play around with.

My MiL passed a couple of months ago from Covid, could not even get a hospital bed for love or money.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, cavanami said:

My 59 year old Thai neighbor just passed away. He fought a tough battle with covid, in the hospital on oxygen for a few months. He was not in the best physical shape but the covid got him! This covid is nothing to play around with.

Trump :

“when we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.”

“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle—it will disappear.”

...deaths by suicide “definitely would be in far greater numbers than the numbers that we’re talking about” for COVID-19 deaths.

“Coronavirus numbers are looking MUCH better, going down almost everywhere,” and cases are “coming way down.”

The pandemic is “fading away. It’s going to fade away.”

“99%” of COVID-19 cases are “totally harmless.”

“We now have the lowest Fatality (Mortality) Rate in the World.”

The U.S. has “among the lowest case-fatality rates of any major country anywhere in the world.”

"What happens is, you get better” after being sick with COVID-19. “That's what happens: You get better.”

“Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. We—they’re there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful” and “If somebody wants to be tested right now, they’ll be able to be tested.”

So Cav, how do you like the taste of Trump's scrotum now?