Covid - your thoughts please

Coss

On 3/19/2022 at 4:00 AM, Mekong said:

Not just tests, if test positive before travel self isolate at home, it test positive on arrival in Thailand isolation in a Private Hospital coining it from your Covid Insurance.

Customers better read the fine print of the insurance policy and possible email-notifications after having signed it. Either they pay nothing or only if showing symptoms. Further a pure quarantine after a bad test might not be paid for.

On 3/19/2022 at 5:08 PM, khunsanuk said:

Hi,

> it test positive on arrival in Thailand isolation in a Private Hospital coining it from your Covid Insurance

Exactly, and there is no way they would take advantage of that :(

Sanuk!

A good / sensible article from Phuket on this issue

The truely diabolic Thai special is that they want a CT-cycle higher than 40. Most test results over here do not show any cycle , want only 30 and then  just confirm negative. Meaning the innocent traveller with a negative test dreaming of  meeting the love of his life in Soi 7/1 might spend the following nights in a hospitel instead. I guess not many people are aware of this anyway but BuBi is. After phoning around I found a place where they print the numbers on the paper. Still got to have another one in BKK but at least avoid a heart attack. Test by the way is around 2100 Bht ( 60 € ) here and guaranteed you get it by email within 6 hours. What they charge in Siam is a clean ripoff. 

In my luggage I shall carry a bundle of foldable 3-part FFP2 masks, very comfortable version, easy breathing.  Further a box of very reliable Longsee-2019 antigen-tests which anybody coming close to myself would have to pass otherwise I hit the road right away. Talking about staff at the oilmassage for example.

Proper preparation is everything here, gentlemen. Got 3 shots Biontec anyway.

18 minutes ago, buffalo_bill said:

Further a box of very reliable Longsee-2019 antigen-tests which anybody coming close to myself would have to pass otherwise I hit the road right away. Talking about staff at the oilmassage for example.

If you wish to be arrested and deported feel free in imposing your self righteous testing.

It may be a developing nation, but it still has civil liberties, especially if they are being breached by a foreigner. 

Kong I think that "2000 bht for massage, boom boom and test?", would be a conversation that many Ladies would be eager to have. Ergo, not an infringement on civil liberties. Or of the law about accepting money for boom boom.

And Bubi has of course the tongue of a sweet talking devil, so he will come to no harm in these proposals.

53 minutes ago, Mekong said:

If you wish to be arrested and deported feel free in imposing your self righteous testing.

It may be a developing nation, but it still has civil liberties, especially if they are being breached by a foreigner. 

Sir, thank you very much for your valuable advice. To avoid incarceration etc would you kindly advise on the lawlessness of using a harmless antigen-test on anybody including myself within the Kingdom? First make sure you know what that is anyway. I would rather imagine they offer me the Royal Medal for taking care of public health. Apart from this you seem to suffer from permanent bad mood, try to get over it. Life is good.

32 minutes ago, Coss said:

Kong I think that "2000 bht for massage, boom boom and test?", would be a conversation that many Ladies would be eager to have. Ergo, not an infringement on civil liberties. Or of the law about accepting money for boom boom.

And Bubi has of course the tongue of a sweet talking devil, so he will come to no harm in these proposals.

Sir, as you so rightly point out it is all a matter of getting the message over peacefully, something that escapes the possibilities of a hardcore know-it-all like our beloved brother Mekong.

Would I for example enter the negotiation by : " Mademoiselle, I offer you a genuine Covid-test from Jermanny just to feel happy and good for family and  all " I am sure she would throw her underpants through the window and scream " Bubi come to me no pay money too mut !!"

Hope you get my drift, nuff said.

I am not saying BuBi asks service provider to take test, service provider passes, 2000 THB changes hands for services and everyone is happy, but “what if” BuBi asks service provider to take test, services provider reuses or fails, BuBi keeps 2000 THB in pocket.

Service provider will be mightily pissed off and may, not saying will, but may take matters further by reporting BuBi to employer or Boys in Brown. All I am saying is that is someone refuses or fails the test, the situation could head south pretty quickly.

Sir, I smell a disturbing misunderstanding! How could anybody think in a moment of pure romance Khun BuBi could ever ask for a payment of 2000 Bht for a test kit that costs 75 Baht from the German wholesaler. the aforementioned 2100 Bht is what a PCR test costs in Germany or where did you get the 2000 -figure from? Holy Lord.