Covid - your thoughts please

Coss

I sense a market opportunity, I wonder if, with a suitable inscrutable poker face, one could persuade a suppler of RATs, to also include on the package labelling, in very small english print, "A positive test may also be indicative, of the presence of Gonorrhea, Syphilis, or other unsuitability for Coitus".

The market amongst Foofs* would be huge!

---

* 'Foof' is the nickname for ineffectual Millennials, or other feckless younger persons. 'Foof', the sound they make when they encounter - pretty much anything

Also -  Foof - Dioxygen difluoride, reacts vigorously (though somewhat safely) with nearly every chemical it encounters – even ordinary ice – leading to its onomatopoeic nickname "FOOF" (a play on its chemical structure and the sound of its explosive tendencies).

Genuine request: My daughter and her family think they're going to LOS for a holiday in April.

I've tried to look back and around, at the current requirements for (Aussie and NZ) tourists. Confusing stuff. Can anyone help? My question is, can they just waltz in on a plane and have a week's holiday and then leave?

No.

1. Application and approval of Test & Go still required
  2. Proof of Vaccination Required
  3. Covid Health Insurance Required $20,000
  4. Quarantine Hotel for one night still required
  5. RT-PCR test on arrival still required.

The only change is health insurance required value has decreased and no requirement for pre departure RT-PCR test, everything else still in place.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coss said:

Genuine request: My daughter and her family think they're going to LOS for a holiday in April.

I've tried to look back and around, at the current requirements for (Aussie and NZ) tourists. Confusing stuff. Can anyone help? My question is, can they just waltz in on a plane and have a week's holiday and then leave?

Wife and son I had tickets for,

Both decided no point with Songkran cancelled and possible hospital visit didn't make a 2 1/2 week worthwhile

Coss, have no fear. I did a meticulous research of all things necessary, main concern being incarceration in a hospitel due to positive test or what Siam thinks is positive.

First obstacle is registration and approval on the Thai  Pass . Tecnical glitches may occur, plenty of literature to be found on the internet how to beat the system. Cannot explain anything because I don´t even know what a Jpg or pdf is.

Biggest thread is they find a CT-cycle of less than 40 on your arrival day, then you are done. The rest of the world is satisfied by 30. It says how infectuous you are after a previous or during a current infection. Only way to avoid this is a voluntary PCR test shortly before you hit the plane and stay home if the numbers don´t fit. Or a paper from your doctor saying your infection has been treated etc. Look it up if you were positive.

Big joke is the 5-days Antigen test to be done by the tourist himself and the result then to upload via the Morchan(?) - app.  Unfortunately it does not work at all and second whatever you upload: get yourself a picture of a negative test from the internet somewhere and say it´s yours. Utter bullshit.

Disclaimer: Consider these my words only relevant after approval by boardmember Mekong. Consideration might otherwise lead into prison sentence, deportation, tarring and feathering in public and a fine of 50 Bht. (cash only) .

9 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

: get yourself a picture of a negative test from the internet somewhere and say it´s yours. Utter bullshit.

Have you never heard of EXIF data on Photos? A quick right click and “Properties” reveals location where photo was taken. Also, as previously demonstrated, it is easy to find source of a photo taken from the internet.