Covid - your thoughts please

Coss

36 minutes ago, Mekong said:

Have you never heard of EXIF data on Photos? A quick right click and “Properties” reveals location where photo was taken. Also, as previously demonstrated, it is easy to find source of a photo taken from the internet.

Kong you are showing your age.

Only 3 people in Thailand know this stuff and none of the are employed by the government.

And here's a test for you, 

tell me what you can about the following photo. Redact my name if it appears.

Putin-plane.jpg.334d369e5d03072b175a328fbfe12516.jpg

Putin's new plane

I'd say the only information that's easily found, is that to do with it being uploaded to this board.

because I edited the photo

and it was uploaded elsewhere prior to me getting it 

and I think that forum software rewrites the data.

I could be wrong.

5 hours ago, Coss said:

because I edited the photo

But BuBi wouldn’t edit would he, because he does not know about EXIF data. That was how McAfee was caught

Also, did I say Thai government staff know this? I merely stated what is possible not who knew about it.

PS I can’t right click, using an iPad, haven’t used my Laptop in over 2 years for “reasons” 

The Test and Go scheme and Thailand Pass registration are expected to be scrapped by June 1 if there is no surge in infections or fatalities during the Songkran festival in April, says the Tourism and Sports Ministry.

Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn said Thai tourism has to move forward after opening the Phuket sandbox in July 2021.

"Thailand started like a rabbit, running quickly last year as we reopened to visitors. We cannot let the country fall behind as many nations are opening borders and have fewer restrictions than us," Mr Phiphat said.
Link

So, if LOCAL infection rate does not increase during Songkran they may drop requirements for tourists.

Whilst fully in favour of removal of travel restrictions, for the life of me I cannot see the correlation between local infections and testing of foreigners.

42 minutes ago, khunsanuk said:

I'm sure you have realized by now that logic and Thai government do not mingle :)

I was aware of such many years ago haha, Just pointing out the total lack of logic. This one is so Left Field even for Thailand

Thailand, the joke that keeps on giving.

8 hours ago, Coss said:

Only 3 people in Thailand know this stuff and none of the are employed by the government.

Incorrect

1. My Wife, I and my 2 Brothers in Law know about this, that is 4 people.
  2. One of my Brothers in Law works for the Government 

I Incorrect your Incorrect, everyone knows the brother in laws, are not people.

Ergo you and your wife = 2  and then there's the Lovely Pam, who may be disqualified from this definition, on account of surely being Lao.

I never knew you were a grammar freak (actually yes I did), I had just assumed that your original mention of :

1 hour ago, Mekong said:

My Wife, I and my 2 Brother in Laws know about this, that is 4 people.

Brother in Laws - check it - check it again....

was the correct usage, you being from Merseyside and all.

Interestingly, I am currently residing in Birkenhead (NZ).