Thailand Pass set to replace CoE

Mekong

We've got an app here too, we scan the QR code, when we see the QR code, on the wall of the business, hospital etc.

Sure, they could track you if they want to.

A/,  nothing I do, would be worth their time. They'd know I go Shopping and watch TV and Fishing and bugger all else.

B/,  if I was carrying an asymptomatic Covid infection, I'd like for them to be able to track, it's spread and shut it down, instead of it spreading unchecked and possibly killing or hurting our parents, grandparents, kids and friends.

Think of it like infectious leprosy, but without the scabby bits.

The difference being in Oz and NZ applies to everyone where as in Thailand it will only apply to Tourists, 

Why would anybody want to visit Thailand at present when being tracked everywhere and can be pulled in for a swab test at any moment?
If I wasn’t here I certainly would not visit.

But they are only testing tourists not locals so your attempt at humor was redundant. 

They should be testing Thais in the tourist areas, more likely to be in contact with an infected Thai than an infected tourist, but there is no money to be made out of that.

6 minutes ago, Mekong said:

But they are only testing tourists not locals so your attempt at humor was redundant. 

They should be testing Thais in the tourist areas, more likely to be in contact with an infected Thai than an infected tourist, but there is no money to be made out of that.

:)

"They should be testing Thais in the tourist areas,"

ergo my supererogative reference, to one's partner du jour

54 minutes ago, Mekong said:

The difference being in Oz and NZ applies to everyone where as in Thailand it will only apply to Tourists, 

Why would anybody want to visit Thailand at present when being tracked everywhere and can be pulled in for a swab test at any moment?
If I wasn’t here I certainly would not visit.

If it would be a fast test where you get the result in 15 minutes I wouldn´t bother.

6 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

In Oz every place I go to needs to be checked in by a government app. 

Don't check in business and person both get heavy fines.

Will this disappear after COVID is over

This is where screen shot comes in handy 😀

22 hours ago, Mekong said:

And you do realize that the Travel Pass will be used to track your location.

As for Random Testing (aka Swap Hubs) why are they using PCR (chain reaction) testing where results take time , i.e Time in Hotel awaiting results when they use ATK Rapid Test Kits (Antigen Test Kits) with near instant results for locals. So tourists will be charged extortionate rates for PCR test and Hotel Bills.

How can they differentiate between Chinese and Singaporean tourists and Thais, without watching the Chinese eating that is, so xenophobic bias towards Farangs,  thus reinforcing Anuntins believe that Covid is caused by dirty Farangs.

So many questions and so few answers.

Rapid Test Kits they are using aren't accurate. Flipping a coin has the accuracy. :_pumpkin:

2 hours ago, baa99 said:

Rapid Test Kits they are using aren't accurate. Flipping a coin has the accuracy. :_pumpkin:

baa,

For an educated man such as yourself the “Flipping a Coin” analogy is way out.

Coin Flipping is 50% where as ATK are 90% therefore 9 times more accurate.

9 times, surely I mean 1,8?   …  No I mean 9 times. 50% is 1:1 whereas 90% is 9:1 hence 9 times more accurate.

Anyway, Mathematica games out of the way, whilst I agree that Antigen Testing is Less reliable than Polymerase Chain Reaction I then question why Thai DOPH are using ATK and not PCR on the local population and the answer comes down to cost. PCR being more expensive than ATK https://medex.co.th/service/covid-test/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pcr_th_clicks&utm_term=pcr test bangkok&utm_content=book_pcr&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI896A1rjV8wIVsJlmAh1hHQTZEAAYAiAAEgLlVPD_BwE as an example.

So the question I am raising is if ATK, it’s results in 15 minutes, is good enough for the local population, why force the more expensive PCR testing and the inherent “Few hours wait in a government approved hotel” for results on tourists. His reeks of yet more money grabbing from the tourists by the Thai government 

I think it was Seinfeld, who first observed, that the plug on a USB cord, for phones and tablets and such, has 50% chance of going into the socket, in the right orientation, the first time, the joke being, that this never seems to happen.

I'm very worried now, any time I plug in a USB cord, it goes in first time, correctly, 27 times in a row, since I started counting, am I cursed?