Thailand Pass set to replace CoE

Mekong

I see you can apply for an international vaccine passbook on the mor prom app. Filled it in uploaded pp pic and one of the certificate they give you when you get the 2nd shot. Then the options for delivery pick up, post or email, onto payment cash or transfer.

The only problem is that delivery and payment options do not work so it's only pick up 40 miles away and pay cash, another IT success then 😜

23 hours ago, Mekong said:

baa,

For an educated man such as yourself the “Flipping a Coin” analogy is way out.

Coin Flipping is 50% where as ATK are 90% therefore 9 times more accurate.

9 times, surely I mean 1,8?   …  No I mean 9 times. 50% is 1:1 whereas 90% is 9:1 hence 9 times more accurate.

Anyway, Mathematica games out of the way, whilst I agree that Antigen Testing is Less reliable than Polymerase Chain Reaction I then question why Thai DOPH are using ATK and not PCR on the local population and the answer comes down to cost. PCR being more expensive than ATK https://medex.co.th/service/covid-test/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pcr_th_clicks&utm_term=pcr test bangkok&utm_content=book_pcr&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI896A1rjV8wIVsJlmAh1hHQTZEAAYAiAAEgLlVPD_BwE as an example.

So the question I am raising is if ATK, it’s results in 15 minutes, is good enough for the local population, why force the more expensive PCR testing and the inherent “Few hours wait in a government approved hotel” for results on tourists. His reeks of yet more money grabbing from the tourists by the Thai government 

Thailand bought the test kits from China. So your 90% doesn't apply. 

The Chinese company chosen to purchase the kits from is certified by the Thai FDA, but on May 28 the US FDA issued a warning that test kits produced by Lepu Medical Technology have a high risk of incorrect results and have been pulled from the US market.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/gpo-pauses-antigen-test-kits-deal-after-skimping-accusations

4 hours ago, baa99 said:

Thailand bought the test kits from China. So your 90% doesn't apply. 

Where did I say they should use LEPU ATK? All I said was ATK

Did you know that all Thai State Hospitals have Stopped using Lepu test kits and now for home use only, try to keep up with current ongoings.

As a point the LEPU trust kits are more than 50% accurate so I guess your coin flip does not apply either, 

17 hours ago, Mekong said:

Where did I say they should use LEPU ATK? All I said was ATK

Did you know that all Thai State Hospitals have Stopped using Lepu test kits and now for home use only, try to keep up with current ongoings.

As a point the LEPU trust kits are more than 50% accurate so I guess your coin flip does not apply either, 

Lepu 45.5% sensitivity.

Accuracy of novel antigen rapid diagnostics
for SARS-CoV-2: A living systematic review and
meta-analysis

SARS-CoV-2 antigen rapid diagnostic tests (Ag-RDTs) are increasingly being integrated in
testing strategies around the world. Studies of the Ag-RDTs have shown variable perfor-
mance. In this systematic review and meta-analysis, we assessed the clinical accuracy
(sensitivity and specificity) of commercially available Ag-RDTs.

As I stated

1. Where did I mention using LEPU as the ATK
  2. LEPU is now only for HOME USE
  3. 8,500,000 test kits don’t go far over 56,000,000 people (56,000,000 population of Thailand Over 18 )

For some reason you are hanging on the the LEPU test kit to support your weak argument, you are comparing Apples with Mangoes.