Thailand Pass set to replace CoE

Mekong

Gentlemen, believe it or not but I do not use a smartphone. My communication device is my wellbeloved Siemens petrol-driven S55 from maybe 15 years ago. Unit does not know anything about internet, taking photos is possible if you install sort of an adapter on top. Actually my third one, whenever broken I buy a used one for about 15 €. Biggest advantage is small size, it virtually disappears in your hand when in use. Good when driving.

Now there is the Thai immigration requesting a load of QR-codes, apps and such. No problem to get a smartphone but the question is this: Do I have to have internet connection once presenting all my QR codes at immigration or are they stored within the telephone?

I would think that if you take a photo or screenshot of the QR code, you can present that, on the phone and it will work, provided the photo is of normal quality.

I can't how ever speak for the, Immigrations Service/Computer/Learning/division and their ability to have machine-like device that can scan and understand QR codes in general.

I remember going the see the Ho Chi Minh mummy,  resembling a cheese sculpture, in Hanoi, and being asked to leave my camera at security, when I helpfully offered, my iPhone, explaining that it too had a camera, they declined, obviously thinking, that this was some sort of foreigner trickery, suggesting that you could fit a camera into a phone....

10 hours ago, Mekong said:

There is free Wi-Fi at Survamabhumi Airport

• Open Browser
  • Click “Free Wi-Fi”
  • Enter Name, Passport Number, Phone Number, email address and Country
  • You will receive username and password 

I'd rather pay

I keep my Thai simcard up to date through the internet. I actually use it in some countries as it is cheaper than my Dutch simcard. And it offers data roaming packages for most countries in the world! While my Dutch provider charges 4 euro!!! per MB!!!! outside of the EU. My rule is Dutch Sim card in the EU. Hong Kong sim card for Hong Kong Macau and China, US for US. Mexican for Mexico and Thai card for most other countries in the world.

Thailand's reopening seems like an utter mess. I will observe closely as I am already getting asked by brokers if it would be possible to do jobs to Thailand again. But like for Singapore, Thailand seems to have one killer requirement for my work. You need to have been in your country of departure for 21 days before you fly. And with me traveling through 10-12 countries in a month that is impossible.

Just now, waerth said:

And with me traveling through 10-12 countries in a month that is impossible.

For which purpose a second passport like for Israel/Arabia - travellers should be the solution.

Khun Wearth, you now sssalimm or still big body?

I have repeatedly mentioned her that you were the one to predict a new civil war in the USA. You were right as it looks.

Just now, buffalo_bill said:

For which purpose a second passport like for Israel/Arabia - travellers should be the solution.

Khun Wearth, you now sssalimm or still big body?

I have repeatedly mentioned her that you were the one to predict a new civil war in the USA. You were right as it looks.

Yes I have a second passport but still. Most countries have access to your travel history anyway I have learned.

Still huge.

And yes I predicted that quite a while ago.

Been through Frankfurt airport 23 times already this year. And 165 times since November 2016 (That's how far back I started updating my app to see how much I travel).