Thailand Pass set to replace CoE

Mekong

Good info.

I am trying to make a dash to the USA and back in less then two weeks avoiding the Xmas holidays.

I am lacking the covid insurance, which is easily fixed at a cost of 2 -3000 baht and the 1 day at the hotel. The hotel is a pain but it is what it is. My sister works at the Dallas airport and can advise me about getting PCR test upon departure.

Usually I bring back frozen items, steaks, etc. but looks to be not an option this time, bummer.

Being a lazy slug, I am looking at limo to the hotel and then enjoy my jet lag. 555

OK, managed to get a flight to the USA to see the family. Now I am looking at the hoops that I must jump thru...

I take it I can get a covid test at the BKK airport before I depart as it is required to enter the USA?

I have my covid passport from the hospital here in Thailand, so I hope they will accept that as proof of vaccination?

Any other surprises?

Hi,

>I take it I can get a covid test at the BKK airport before I depart as it is required to enter the USA?

Not sure if this can be done at the airport. I did mine at Rama IX hospital. Plenty of other hospitals provide the same service.

>I have my covid passport from the hospital here in Thailand, so I hope they will accept that as proof of vaccination?

No proof of vaccination required when I flew to Holland. In Holland that yellow booklet was accepted as proof.

Sanuk!

6 hours ago, cavanami said:

OK, managed to get a flight to the USA to see the family. Now I am looking at the hoops that I must jump thru...

I take it I can get a covid test at the BKK airport before I depart as it is required to enter the USA?

I have my covid passport from the hospital here in Thailand, so I hope they will accept that as proof of vaccination?

Any other surprises?

Dear Sir,

I am buzy on a German travel forum where this kind of questions has already been discussed ad nauseam. Instead of asking around and later receiving a kick in the ass from the airline on checkin I recommend to contact the embassy or an official website. Rules are changing any day. Last week they sent almost 40 people away from one plane  in Helsinki bound for BKK, paperwok wrong.

On 11/29/2021 at 8:27 AM, cavanami said:

Any other surprises?

Cav,

How long have you been here now mate?
You know to expect surprises, the reason why Thailand has never qualified for a Football World Cup is because they are always moving the goalposts.

Surprised you needed an online converter for making JPG can be done with Office and PDF editor 

16 hours ago, Mekong said:

Cav,

How long have you been here now mate?
You know to expect surprises, the reason why Thailand has never qualified for a Football World Cup is because they are always moving the goalposts.

Surprised you needed an online converter for making JPG can be done with Office and PDF editor 

...and I am running Win XP and using Firefox...555555555555555555

Can you say...dinosaur????