Thailand Pass set to replace CoE

Mekong

And that is a well known about Security Risk to Industrial Control Systems.

Ransomware attack on Colonial Pipeline, Factory was running XP. Would not be allowed in O&G Production or Processing since the ICS is considered part of the Safety Critical Lifecycle Systems.

Don’t forget Cav, I be an I&C Monkey also.

Yes, there are large benefits, usually, with running the latest and greatest.

My printer is sick so I run out and buy another...HP2722, cheap enough but guess what, the HP driver doesn't work in XP. On this PC I have the work around to boot up with my Win 7 so all is well.

I have another PC using Win 10, which I was not impressed with and now they have Win 11?

I hate being a slave to Microsoft and all the others but it is what it is.

I'm still waiting on my Thai Pass so I think someone board mentioned that they got theirs in 15 minutes...maybe, but looks to be no more. No matter, as long as the flight doesn't get canceled I'm going and see what it takes to get back...

Cav,

I am not knocking the use of XP for home use, your choice and I suppose it fits in well with your Rotary Phone, VHS Recorder and Abacus.

What I am saying is that companies who still use XP for ICS or office networks are leaving themselves open to Ransomware, there is no money to be made from individuals but a lot from National and International Corporations the most famous being Wannacry

Kong,

I know and understand what you are saying. For me, I deal with small businesses and they just want their machine to spit out the widget when they press the button. They have little interest to update their machine software/controller as long as they produce their widgets.

I would be pleased to give them updates but the costs involved, machine downtime, etc makes it unappealing to them.

My new HP printer/scanner...the interface software sucks. Yes, it's the latest and the greatest but for the operator, me, it makes functions slower then my old XP based scanner.

All updates are not good...can you say Win 8? I completely skipped that one.

I forget about small businesses, I usually work on Multi-Billion USD Projects. Usually a project requirements specify latest version of windows or Windows NT, since NT support went this year probably just the latest. now.

I don’t use windows, Mac man myself, but that is a different discussion.

On 12/1/2021 at 1:47 PM, khunsanuk said:

Hi Cav,

I got mine after about 36 hrs.

Sanuk!

Lucky you!

I am waiting 7 days now and will depart tomorrow hell or high water!

If necessary, I will change to a flight to Penang, Malaysia and enter Thailand by boat as you don't need the Thai Pass!!!

12 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

Holy Lord,

more than double what you pay here. Where did you go?

Local hospital. I'm now at the airport and what a nightmare! Sloooow, much paperwork to show and get checked. I asked at immigration about the Thailand Pass and they knew nothing. Now over one week and no TP or communication...great system....not!!!!

Plan B, fly to Penang, Malaysia and take the train to Bangkok.